Partner at NSN Law Firm
Simge Şahin is co-chair of NSN Law Firm’s IP and IT law practice. She became a partner in 2018 and graduated from the Marmara University Faculty of Law in 2008.
Ms Şahin advises local and international clients in various industries, including cosmetics, food and beverages, telecommunication, pharmaceuticals, sport, automotive, textile and fashion, advertisement and pet care. She manages her clients’ IP portfolios and handles all phases of litigation proceedings, dispute settlement and contract drafting. She is actively involved in all procedures and represents clients before the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office and litigations in courts, domain name alternative dispute resolution proceedings and the negotiation and drafting of coexistence, settlement and licensing agreements.
Ms Şahin is a member of the European Communities Trademark Association, the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) and the Intellectual Property Owners Association and plays an active role in these organisations, including as a member of the Legislation Working Group of AIPPI Turkey.
Ms Şahin frequently writes for IP professional publications and is the co-author of many articles, including:
- “Trademark Enforcement in Turkey”, Lexology, May 2017;
- “Time to Think Twice: Important Points of the New Industrial Property Law Regarding the Trademarks”, Lexology, January 2017;
- “TPTO’s Promising Approach: Impact of a Figurative Element under Absolute Grounds of Refusal”, Lexology, January 2018;
- “How can the Applications of IR Applications Claim Non-Use Defense in Turkey”, Lexology, October 2018;
- “Key Points of Turkey’s New Industrial Property Law”, MARQUES, January 2017; and
- “Procedures and Strategies for Pharmaceutical Brands: Turkey”, World Trademark Review, October 2019.
She is a lecturer at the NSN Academy, which has been established to provide IP education to junior practitioners and university students.