at LexField Law Offices
Liwei Jiang was a judge in the Beijing courts for 12 years where he handled over 1,600 civil and administrative cases involving intellectual property. He is recognised as a thought leader within China’s IP community. Some of his cases were included among the:
- Top Five Monthly Cases listed by the Supreme People’s Court in 2014
- First Paradigm Cases of the Intellectual Property Courts in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou listed by the Supreme People’s Court in 2015
- Top 10 Trademark Involving Geographical Indications Cases of China in 2015; and
- Annual Top 10 Cases of the Beijing Courts involving IP protection, on five occasions.
Dr Jiang transitioned to private practice in 2016 and has represented:
- iReader Technology Co to deal with a malicious patent litigation and extortion while successfully assisting the client to get publicly listed
- Chigo Holding Ltd in a trademark infringement and unfair competition suit
- PISEN Electronics Co, Ltd to lodge complaints against Apple with the State Administration for Industry and Commerce and the National Development and Reform Commission alleging abuse of its market dominant position; and
- An international shipping company that was the subject of an antitrust investigation – he successfully obtained a suspension of the investigation.
- Council member of China Law Association on Science and Technology
- Council member of Beijing Intellectual Property Law Research Association
- Council member of China Association of Business Law
- Member of the Expert Committee of China Enterprise Trademark Appraisal Centre
- Researcher at the Dispute Resolution Research Centre at the School of Law, Tsinghua University
- Recognised expert at the Judicial Data Research Centre IPHOUSE (China’s leading IP data information provider); and
- Mediation expert at the Yang Guang Intellectual Property Mediation Centre.
LexField Law Offices
Suite 1009 China Life Tower
16 Chao Yang Men Wai Street
See firm profile