Intangible Asset Director at Stobbs
Harpreet Dhaliwal is a senior trademark attorney with a wide breadth of expertise in a number of different areas spanning the full spectrum of IP assets’ lifecycle – from management and devising and executing worldwide filing strategies, to contentious matters, including multi-jurisdictional oppositions, cancellation actions and litigation before the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court. She has developed skills in due diligence and advising on IP rights within the context of company acquisitions. She is well regarded for the commercial approach she adopts in negotiations in trademark disputes and is experienced in drafting settlement agreements. Her practical and adaptable nature enables her to understand the needs of her clients and provide tailored advice to a range of different types of client ranging from small/medium-size national businesses through to large multinational corporations.
Ms Dhaliwal has in-depth experience and provides specialist services with regard to:
- filing and prosecution of trademarks;
- brand advisory work;
- clearance of new brands;
- trademark portfolio management;
- trademark opposition and court representation work;
- design filing, advisory and contentious work;
- copyright advisory and contentious work;
- domain name advisory and contentious work;
- structural advisory work, in relation to IP aspects;
- strategic advisory work, in relation to IP aspects; and
- general contractual dispute work, in relation to IP aspects.
Ms Dhaliwal’s practice also covers peripheral IP advisory work relating to, among other things, confidential information and trade secrets.