Partner at Uexküll & Stolberg
Frank Dettmann has been working on IP-related litigation, enforcement, prosecution and counselling matters since 1992. He represents and advises German and foreign companies on trademarks, designs, domain names and unfair competition-related issues.
His work encompasses all proceedings before the German courts, as well as the German Patent and Trademark Office, the Federal Patent Court, the EUIPO and the International Bureau in Geneva. Prior to joining Uexküll & Stolberg in 1999, he worked for the law firms of Meissner, Bolte & Partner in Bremen and CMS Hasche Sigle in Hamburg. He had worked as a bank trainee for two years before studying law.
Mr Dettmann has been a partner at Uexküll & Stolberg since 1999; he manages the trademark portfolios of companies mainly in the fields of luxury goods, fashion, cosmetics, chemistry, technology services, food, beverages and pharmaceuticals.
Mr Dettmann works in almost every aspect of IP law and has recently led cases involving:
- handling new trademark and design filings, oppositions, appeals and renewals before the German Patent and Trademark Office and the EUIPO;
- handling customs seizure matters for German and foreign companies;
- representing clients in trademark and design cancellation actions;
- representing clients from different industries in settlement negotiations and contractual work; and
- advising pharmaceutical companies on trademark infringement matters.