at NTD Intellectual Property Attorneys
Christopher Shen joined NTD Intellectual Property Attorneys after graduating from Renmin University of China in 1998, also earning an LLM in IP law from George Washington University in 2004. Mr Shen joined the Chinese Bar in 2000 and the New York State Bar in 2005.
Mr Shen’s practice focuses on IP strategy, litigation and administrative enforcement. For over 21 years, he has represented many famous companies in lawsuits and arbitrations relating to patent, trademark, copyright and unfair competition disputes.
Mr Shen has been invited to speak at many international seminars on China’s IP protection, and has established extensive connections with foreign IP authorities and attorneys. In 2018 he was named by the China Trademark Association among the Top 30 Trademark Practitioners in China. In 2019 he was jointly named by IP House and China IPR Daily among the Top 50 IP litigators in China.
Mr Shen has received the following awards and honours:
- from 2009 to 2018, he was recognised as one of the best trademark lawyers in China by Who’s Who Legal, a legal journal affiliated with the International Bar Association;
- in 2015 he was named one of the most notable IP attorneys in China by Managing Intellectual Property; and
- in 2014 and 2015 he was named as one of the Top 40 IP Stars by Managing Intellectual Property, particularly in the fields of trademarks and copyright.
- Mr Shen successfully represented Wrigley in a trademark infringement and unfair competition suit against a company in Tianjin. The case was selected as one of the Top 10 IP Cases in Tianjin.
- He also successfully represented the Iris Ohyama Group in a trademark infringement suit against a Chinese enterprise. The decision was upheld by the Supreme Court.
- Mr Shen successfully represented RIMOWA in an unfair competition suit against a Chinese enterprise. The case was selected as an ‘excellent case’ by the China Trademark Association in 2017.
- China Trademark Association
- FICPI China
Sample client list
NTD Intellectual Property Attorneys
Beijing Global Trade Center
36 North Third Ring Road East
See firm profile