at Ajay Sahni & Associates
Ajay Sahni has been practising IP law since 1983 at the Supreme Court, high courts, district courts and tribunal levels across India. He has argued numerous landmark cases, many of which have been reported in leading law reports and journals. His dispute resolution experience covers a wide spectrum of industries including pharmaceutical, retail, infrastructure, real estate, automotive, finance, fast-moving consumer goods, power, telecommunications, education, chemical and industrial products.
A brief profile of Mr Sahni’s positions include:
- former vice president at Intellectual Property Attorneys Association, New Delhi;
- former vice president at Asian Patent Attorneys Association (India Chapter);
- invited by the Rajya Sabha Secretariat (upper house of the Parliament of India) and examined as an expert witness by the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Commerce in relation to the Trademarks (Amendment) Bill, 2007;
- member on the Advisory Board of The Patents and Trademarks Cases, a leading monthly journal of IP case law in India;
- honorary adjunct professor at the National Law University, Lucknow;
- regular speaker on IP laws at the Institute of Company Secretaries, the Institute of Chartered Accountants, the Haryana Police Academy and the Export Promotion Council of India; and
- formerly appointed as a senior panel counsel in the High Court of Delhi for conducting central government cases.
Key publications include:
- being the revising author of Lal’s Commentary on the Indian Copyright Act, 1957; and
- co-authoring seven volumes of the book titled Cases and Materials on Trademarks and Allied Laws.
- Delhi High Court Bar Association
Ajay Sahni & Associates
31/42 Punjabi Bagh West
New Delhi 110026