Action points for trademark service providers
- Identify opportunities to invest in technology, where you can develop unique or enhanced services.
- Find new ways of analysing data, or new datasets that are now under-exploited, and identify whether they have any commercial value.
- Study how trademarks are used in practice in business, particularly in e-commerce and the Internet of Things (IoT), and develop tools that reflect changing uses.
- Build tools that address trademark issues in emerging business models, such as 3D printing, the IoT and e-commerce.
- Rethink your market and relationships. Which ones are crucial to your business and which can be sacrificed in the interest of long-term growth?