- Less than 5% of US law firm leadership is made up of women from minority racial and ethnic groups, according to 2020 data from the American Bar Association.
- Around three-quarters of UK IP attorneys report reduced productivity as a result of work-related stress – a lack of back-to-work support, concern for wellbeing and general support networks or groups were all cited as contributing to the pressures they face.
- While 80% of IP practitioners responding to an exclusive WTR survey believe that senior leadership is committed to DEI, confidence is lower among corporate respondents.
- A growing number of law firms are partnering with clients to increase opportunities afforded to diverse students and thereby improve the pipeline of diverse talent entering the IP industry.
- IP offices around the world are enhancing the accessibility of their services for diverse users through technological innovation and awareness-raising initiatives.