- France’s cosmetic powerhouse L’Oréal boasts the largest European and US trademark portfolios.
- Despite high overall filing levels from China, most of the top 50 owners of US portfolios in 2020 were domestic.
- While the top brand owners in China have sizeable portfolios, their filing activity tends to be sporadic.
- The Europe Trademark 50 ranking is heavily weighted towards European and US brands, although this set filed 15% fewer trademarks in 2020 than 2019.
- With corporate teams under increasing budgetary pressure, the need to build cross-enterprise alliances in order to protect portfolios is greater than ever.