The WTR 1000 focuses exclusively on trademark practice and has firmly established itself as the definitive 'go-to' resource for those seeking world-class legal trademark expertise
Recommended - Individuals: prosecution and strategy
The highly regarded and insightful practitioners at Sulima-Grabowska-Sierzputowska provide “the most effective guidance in any given case”. With over 25 years in the IP game and a flair for alternative dispute resolution to boot, there is no problem for which it cannot devise a well-thought-out solution. Epitomising this is practice leader Michał Sosnowski, who is also well versed in domain name disputes. “He is a fantastic counsellor who eases the doubts and concerns of clients with his top-quality, professional service.”
Michał Sosnowski is a patent and trademark attorney with more than 15 years’ experience in the field of IP protection gained in private practice.
He specialises in the prosecution and enforcement of trademarks and designs, as well as in anti-counterfeiting protection – including seizures of counterfeit goods by the Polish customs authorities and the police. In addition, Mr Sosnowski has successfully represented large foreign clients in domain name-related litigations before the Arbitration Court for the Internet Domain Names at the Polish Chamber of Information Technology and Telecommunication.
He also has experience in providing IP protection and portfolio management advice to foreign and domestic clients, including owners of renowned brands from the pharmaceutical, tobacco, beverage and fashion industries.
He represents clients in contentious matters before the Polish Patent Office, the EUIPO, as well as before the administrative and civil courts. In his everyday work he handles opposition, cancellation and invalidation cases, as well as trademark and design infringement matters.
Mr Sosnowski has been praised as “good at understanding business objectives” and being able to “craft effective strategies for IP protection in Poland”, as well as for giving “brilliant recommendations”, especially regarding design protection.
Mr Sosnowski has been a member of the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys since 2015.
Sulima, Grabowska, Sierzputowska Patent and Trademark Attorneys was founded in 1995. During its 26 years of dynamic growth, the firm has become one of the best and most reputable IP-dedicated offices in Poland.
The firm provides expert advice regarding trademark, design and domain name matters to a diverse range of large foreign and domestic clients from different industries and business sectors, including pharmaceuticals, food and beverages, cosmetics, fashion, toys, furniture, pet food, banks and telecoms companies.
Sulima, Grabowska, Sierzputowska is recognised in the market for the high quality of its services, comprehensive opinions, client-orientated solutions, professionalism and expertise of its team, as well as for its flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing clients’ needs and expectations.
The firm is always eager to take on new challenges in order to better assist its clients.
Main areas of practice
The firm offers the entire spectrum of IP protection-related services in Poland, as well as before the EUIPO, other EU authorities and the WIPO, including:
- strategies concerning IP assets protection;
- filing, prosecution and maintenance of trademarks, designs and domain names;
- IP portfolio management;
- trademark and design opposition, cancellation and invalidation actions;
- appeal proceedings before administrative courts against decisions and official actions issued by the Polish Patent Office (PPO);
- appeal proceedings before the Boards of Appeal against decisions issued by the EUIPO;
- enforcement of IP rights including court litigation cases;
- customs protection and seizures of counterfeit goods at the Polish borders;
- protection of domain names;
- trademark and design searches; and
- licensing matters and different types of contracts concerning IP rights.
Our strengths and qualities are made up of the following attributes:
- a team comprising highly qualified, skilled and experienced patent and trademark attorneys, trademark specialists and well-trained paralegals;
- sound experience and expertise in handling trademark and design opposition, invalidation and cancellation cases before the PPO, as well as in proceedings before administrative courts concerning PPO decisions issued in such cases;
- excellent results in domain name-related disputes including alternative dispute resolution procedures;
- excellent results in trademark and design litigation cases before the civil courts;
- responsiveness and providing clients with comprehensive advice regarding formal requirements and complex procedural or legal issues;
- flexibility in adjusting services to clients’ individual needs and expectations;
- capacity and experience to smoothly and quickly process high-volume filing and/or recordal orders, also outside of Poland; and
- the highest quality trademark and design searches, along with opinions on the registrability of different types of indication or design.