The WTR 1000 focuses exclusively on trademark practice and has firmly established itself as the definitive 'go-to' resource for those seeking world-class legal trademark expertise.
Bronze - Firms: enforcement and litigation
Bronze - Firms: prosecution and strategy
Sulima-Grabowska-Sierzputowska Patent & Trademark Attorneys, which celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2020, has continually refined its offering in tune with the market, embracing change and constantly innovating for the benefit of clients. Its trademark watch service has become increasingly popular among domestic players, resulting in more opposition work coming through the doors. Anna Pasiut leads the line: “A star on the rise in Poland and internationally, she is meticulously focused on the facts of each case and has both a broad and in-depth understanding of legal issues.” The varied practice of colleague Michał Sosnowski encompasses everything from trademarks to patents, designs and domain name disputes, making him a discerning choice for those seeking joined-up guidance.
Sulima, Grabowska, Sierzputowska Patent and Trademark Attorneys was founded in 1995 and over 25 years of steady growth has become one of the best and most reputable IP firms in Poland.
The firm offers a whole spectrum of IP rights and IP protection-related services in Poland, as well as before the EUIPO, other EU authorities and WIPO, including expert advice on trademark, design and domain name matters to a diverse range of large foreign and domestic clients from different industry and business sectors such as pharmaceuticals, food and beverages, cosmetics, fashion, toys, furniture, pet food, banks and telecommunication companies.
Sulima, Grabowska, Sierzputowska is recognised in the market for the high quality of its services and comprehensive opinions, including the client-oriented solutions, professionalism and extensive knowledge of its staff, as well as for their flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing clients’ needs and expectations.
Our professionals are always eager to take new challenges to best help their clients.
Main areas of practice
- Strategy concerning IP assets protection
- Filing, prosecution and maintenance of trademarks, designs and domain names
- IP portfolio management
- Trademark and design opposition, cancellation and invalidation actions
- Appeals before administrative courts against decisions and official actions issued by the Polish Patent Office (PPO)
- Appeals before the Boards of Appeal against decisions issued by the EUIPO
- Enforcement of IP rights including court litigation cases (also before the specialised IP courts in Poland as of 1 July 2020)
- Customs protection and seizures of counterfeit goods at the Polish borders
- Domain names protection
- Trademark and design searches
- Licensing matters and different types of contract concerning IP rights
Strengths and qualities
- Team made up of highly qualified, skilled and experienced patent and trademark attorneys, trademark specialists and well-trained paralegals
- Sound experience in handling trademark and design opposition, invalidation and cancellation cases before the PPO and the EUIPO, as well as in proceedings before administrative courts concerning decisions of the PPO and before the Boards of Appeal at the EUIPO
- Excellent results in domain name-related disputes including alternative dispute resolution procedures
- Outstanding track record of trademark and design litigation cases before the civil courts, including the EU Trademark and Community Design Court in Warsaw
- Responsiveness and providing clients with comprehensive advice on formal requirements and on complex procedural or legal issues
- Flexibility in adjusting services to clients’ individual needs and expectations
- Capacity to (and experience of) smoothly and quickly process high-volume filing and/or recordal orders, also outside of Poland
- Highest quality of trademark and design searches and opinions on registrability of different types of indication or design