The WTR 1000 focuses exclusively on trademark practice and has firmly established itself as the definitive 'go-to' resource for those seeking world-class legal trademark expertise.
Recommended - Firms
NLO continues to be a significant player in the Benelux and is the largest full-service IP consultancy in the Netherlands. Thanks to its prowess in prosecution, the distinguished team is responsible for handling the trademarks of many of Europe’s most recognisable brands. At the helm is managing partner Jeroen Cornelis, an attorney that clients and adversaries alike want on their team. He is a strategic adviser who always takes into account business objectives. Also “commercially minded and naturally proficient in branding issues” is Marlous Stal-Hilders. She recognises risks and swiftly devises effective solutions. The core of Florence Tordoir’s work is trademark prosecution and infringement, while Masja van der Galiën and Milca Graver-de Looper are at home managing global IP portfolios. Bolstering the practice further this year, Merel Kamp joins the team from Turnstone. With over two decades of experience in brand protection, pharmaceutical companies both big and small are in good hands.
Designs and trademarks are valuable assets for a business. They reinforce its distinctive capacity, create more commercial strength, enhance its competitive position and make it more attractive for investors. Intellectual property therefore plays a prominent role in business strategy, which can be supported by the knowledge and experience of the trademark and design attorneys at NLO Shieldmark.
NLO Shieldmark can help you map out an intellectual property strategy to protect and strengthen your designs and trademarks. Thanks to our wide range of services and the expertise of our 20 trademark and design attorneys, we are able to provide innovative solutions with outstanding value.
Our key values
NLO Shieldmark is committed to protecting and reinforcing clients’ ideas, designs and trademarks while bearing in mind the markets in which they are actively involved. We work with clients following the organisation’s key values:
- Fortified with innovation – we are always in search of new solutions and possibilities. We invest much time and effort in developing new ways to make our services even better.
- Fortified with expertise – our dedicated professionals have extensive knowledge and experience in many fields. This is how we can offer different services of the highest quality. We also have a worldwide network of agents at our disposal.
- Fortified with passion – every attorney at the firm is passionate about his or her field of expertise.
- Fortified with teamwork – we make sure to combine individual expertise with teamwork. We think ahead and design solutions beyond the original task.
- Fortified with creativity – protecting innovations, trademarks and ideas is key to our services. Creativity is pivotal, as it helps us to handle processes more efficiently and come up with innovative solutions that make a difference.
- Fortified with experience – the firm is more than 135 years old. We use our rich history to focus on growth for the future.
About NLO Shieldmark
NLO Shieldmark is part of the largest full-service consultancy in the field of intellectual property and the second largest trademark office in the Netherlands. We offer a unique combination of technical and legal expertise with insight into the business environment in which clients operate. This distinguishes the 20 trademark and design attorneys at NLO Shieldmark and the 75 patent attorneys at NLO. By combining our expertise, NLO Shieldmark can provide clients with the most comprehensive advice possible. The specialists of NLO and NLO Shieldmark also have the most up-to-date knowledge of the IP market at their disposal, which they use in order to provide optimum management for clients’ IP portfolios.
Products and services
The European trademark and design attorneys of NLO Shieldmark offer availability searches, registration, oppositions, infringement advice, cancellations, watch services, renewals, in-use search and mutations. We also have a special team for all domain name-related issues.
In an innovative, knowledge-intensive market, the value of an organisation largely depends on IP rights. An effective patent, trademark or design strategy saves money – and can even make money. We provide comprehensive, tailor-made advice. Our team combines complementary knowledge and expertise, so that every type of issue can be addressed at every possible level. By working with teams comprising several specialists, we can guarantee the continuity and quality of our services so that clients receive nothing short of prompt, efficient service.
Our European trademark and design attorneys are located in The Hague and Amsterdam. We also have offices in Ede-Wageningen and Eindhoven and are active in Belgium, where we service clients from offices in Ghent and Mechelen.