Duty Free World Council
The Duty Free World Council is the global voice for the duty- and tax-free Industry.
The industry’s regional associations from around the globe and TFWA, the representative of the brand companies active in the industry, have come together to form the Duty Free World Council (DFWC) to highlight the importance of the duty- and tax-free industry in generating significant levels of employment and in providing vital revenues for the aviation, travel and tourism and maritime sectors. The crucial role our industry plays in the broader travel and tourism sectors and the interdependence of the industry with the aviation and maritime industries has been underlined more than ever in recent years.
Council objectives include increasing awareness and knowledge of the industry, providing support to the industry’s regional associations and developing standards throughout the industry through educational activities.
The DFWC is a not for profit organisation registered in France.
The primary objectives of the DFWC are to:
- Represent, protect and promote the global duty- and tax-free industry, by providing appropriate support to all regional industry associations when and where relevant
- Where relevant and required, to be responsible for the development and coordination of industry policy and to provide a voice for the global industry
- Act as a facilitator and coordinator by providing appropriate support for engagement at a global level
- Help enhance the awareness, image and importance of the industry
- Provide an industry Library and Resource and Information centre