China to roll out more IP courts
Legal updates: case law analysis and intelligence
The Supreme People's Court has issued its third "Five-Year Reform Outline of the People's Courts", which proposes changes for the period between 2009 and 2013. The reform suggests setting up unified IP tribunals in municipalities and in large and medium-sized cities that deal with significant amounts of IP cases.
In the section entitled "Optimizing the Jurisdiction Configuration of the People's Courts", the reform proposed that:
"the People's Courts shall reform and improve civil and administrative judicial systems, and set up a trial system and working mechanism to deal with and accommodate IP cases that have similar characteristics."
The reform also pointed out that the People's Courts should:
- promote the amendment of administrative procedure law;
- improve the trial and judicial system for administrative proceedings;
- simplify civil and administrative proceedings;
- establish rules of summary procedure for civil and administrative proceedings;
- set up a new coordination mechanism for court trials and sensitive civil cases; and
- ensure the application of unified standards in court trials.
Jin Ling, Rouse & Co International, Shanghai
Copyright © Law Business ResearchCompany Number: 03281866 VAT: GB 160 7529 10