at Kenaroğlu Avukatlık Bürosu
Yasemin Kenaroğlu has been working on IP-related litigation, enforcement, prosecution and counselling matters since 2003. She represents mainly foreign and multinational companies on trademarks, patents, designs, domain names and unfair competition-related issues.
She has been leading Kenaroğlu IP since 2008 and managing the IP portfolios of top-tier multinational companies in the fields of fashion, automotive, cosmetics, retail chains, electronics, software, media and pharmaceuticals.
Ms Kenaroğlu works in almost every aspect of IP law and she has recently led cases involving:
- managing IP portfolios of multinational companies from different industries and handling new trademark and design filings, oppositions, appeals and renewals before the Turkish Patent Institute;
- representing multinational companies before the civil IP courts and Court of Appeals in trademark infringement and unfair competition actions;
- handling investigations, conducting raids and seizures for international fashion, media and automotive companies;
- representing international retail chains, automotive, media and electronic companies in trademark and design cancellation actions;
- representing companies from different industries in settlement negotiations and contractual work; and
- advising international pharmaceutical companies on patent infringement and data exclusivity matters.
She is an active member of the Anti-counterfeiting Committee of MARQUES and regularly writes on IP-related topics for international and local publications. Her recent articles include:
- “Pharmaceutical trademarks: regulation, parallel imports and advertising” (World Trademark Review);
- “A pragmatic approach to tackling counterfeiting” (World Trademark Review);
- “A new era for advertising” (World Trademark Review);
- “Combating trademark squatting in Turkey” (World Trademark Review); and
- “Well-known trademarks” (Istanbul Chamber of Commerce Publications).
Ms Kenaroğlu is registered as an attorney at law at the Istanbul Bar Association (2003) and as a trademark andpatent attorney at the Turkish Patent Institute (2005), and is involved in the Arbitrators Board at the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce (2012) for IP-related disputes.
Kenaroğlu Avukatlık Bürosu
Manolyali Sk No 3