at Vivien Chan & Co
Vivien Chan is the founding and senior partner of Vivien Chan & Co, a Greater China law firm with offices in Hong Kong (1985) and Beijing (1993). She has more than 30 years’ experience in M&A, China direct investment, corporate services, employment, technology transfers, information technology, intellectual property and related tax issues.
Ms Chan has held leadership positions in major legal boards and associations, including the following:
- president of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association (2002-2003);
- vice chair of the International Bar Association’s Asia-Pacific Regional Forum (2004-2006);
- council member of the Law Society of Hong Kong (1995-2000);
- council member and advisory board member of the International Bar Association’s Asia-Pacific Regional Forum (2008-2010); and
- member of the Famous and Well-Known Marks Committee of INTA (2016-2019).
Ms Chan’s legal expertise in various areas of practice is well recognised and has been honoured by numerous major evaluators and publications:
- Justice of the Peace (2000);
- Outstanding Hong Kong Women Professionals and Entrepreneurs Award (2005);
- Bronze Bauhinia Star (2008) and Silver Bauhinia Star (2014) from the Hong Kong government;
- China’s 100 Outstanding Women Entrepreneurs Award (2010);
- Lifetime Achievement Award by the American Chambers of Commerce in Hong Kong (2017);
- Asialaw Leading Lawyers (2014-2019);
- International Who’s Who: Trademark and Patent Lawyers (2010-2019);
- International Who’s Who: Management Labour and Employment Lawyers (2010-2019);
- Global 100 Award – M&A Lawyer of the Year in Hong Kong (2017-2019);
- World IP Review Leaders: Trademark and Patent in Hong Kong (2017-2019); and
- Chambers Global and Asia-Pacific: Leader in Intellectual Property (2017-2019).
Ms Chan is a China-appointed notary attesting officer, a China International Economic Trade Arbitration Commission arbitrator and a Shanghai International Arbitration Centre arbitrator. Ms Chan received her law degree from King’s College, University of London, and is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales, Hong Kong, Australia and Singapore. She is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Sample client list
- American Airlines
- Yves Saint Laurent
Vivien Chan & Co
32/F Harbour Centre
25 Harbour Road
See firm profile