Zoomlaw Attorneys-at-Law is a Taiwan-based full-service law firm established in 2006 by Kuo-Hua Fan, who specialises in corporate legal affairs and risk management for global groups with a focus on international trading, investment, business operation, global IP affairs, and business strategy planning and implementation.
Headquartered in New Taipei City with branches in Hsinchu (middle Taiwan) and Suzhou (China), Zoomlaw can assist clients in both Taiwan and China with all their global trademark and patent filing and litigation needs.
The key factor that distinguishes Zoomlaw from its peers is the support the trademark department receives from the firm’s equally strong legal department with prominent experience in IP areas. This enables the firm to provide first-hand practical legal opinions to clients in an efficient manner.
Zoomlaw files a large amount of domestic and foreign trademark and patent applications for global clients every year. Based on its lawyers’ cumulative practical IP expertise, Zoomlaw has published a series of practice manuals on the trademark application system of a number of countries – namely, those that are part of China’s Belt and Road Initiative, the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership and the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement. Our ambition is to translate our abundant professional IP knowledge into practical manuals that are easy to read for our clients and peers.
Zoomlaw also boasts a team of experienced patent engineers whose technical backgrounds cover semiconductors, integrated circuit designs, power generation, manufacturing, electric engineering, software, internet, e-commerce, telecommunication, optoelectronics, nanotechnology, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and medical devices, among others. Our professional engineers can provide all types of practical patent counselling.
Zoomlaw’s key areas of IP expertise include:
- registration and enforcement of trademarks, patents and copyright;
- licensing and franchising;
- civil, criminal and administrative lawsuits;
- anti-counterfeiting and tailor-made strategies;
- trademark mapping and patent mapping;
- market monitoring;
- investigation and raid actions;
- customs recordation of IP rights, customs seizures;
- online enforcement actions;
- registration and recovery of domain names;
- advertising law, compliance and legal actions; and
- commercial arbitration.
Zoomlaw has been:
- recommended for intellectual property/IP prosecution/dispute resolution by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific every year since 2016;
- named a notable and recommended law firm by Asialaw Profiles every year since 2017;
- listed as a recognised law firm by IFLR 1000 every year since 2017; and
- listed as a recognised practitioner by Chambers & Partners since 2020.
In addition, Dr Fan has been nominated as a Leading Lawyer by Asialaw every year since 2017.
Dr Fan is an officially appointed legal and business consultant for Taiwan-China cross-strait commerce, as well as a listed arbitrator of the Chinese Arbitration Association. He obtained an LLM from UC Berkeley and a PhD from the China University of Political Science and Law. Dr Fan is adjunct assistant professor at the law schools of Taiwan Shih Hsin University, Tatung University, National Chiao Tung University and National Tsing Hua University in Taiwan, and the China University of Political Science and Law in China.
Areas of practice
Zoomlaw is a boutique full-service law firm with a strong reputation in intellectual property, litigation and corporate legal counselling. Its core service covers the enforcement and protection of every type of intellectual property, including trademarks, trade names, domain names, copyright, patents and trade secrets. It also has a skilled legal department that handles litigation, alternative dispute resolution, M&A, foreign investment, labour law, legal compliance, telecommunication, media and technology, and customer-tailored legal counselling.
Sec1 Xintai 5th Rd (Farglory U-TOWN
New Taipei City 22175
- Kuo-Hua Fan, Managing partner