Vasil Kisil & Partners
Founded in 1992, Vasil Kisil & Partners has over 25 years of successful practice in Ukraine. As a full-service law firm, its practice areas include agribusiness, antitrust and competition, corporate/M&A, dispute resolution, energy and natural resources, intellectual property, international trade, labour and employment, private client, public-private partnerships, concessions and infrastructure, taxation, real estate and construction, and white collar crime. The firm’s main industries are agribusiness, aviation, energy, information technology, real estate and construction.
The firm has 10 partners and 45 attorneys. All partners and seniors are recommended by prestigious international directories, including Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, the Legal 500 and the IFLR1000. Over 70 professional staff work on behalf of the firm’s 300-plus active clients, with approximately 50 court sessions held each month.
Vasil Kisil & Partners oversees 600 ongoing mandates (700 new mandates each year) and serves clients from over 50 countries (130 new clients each year).
The firm is an exclusive member of:
- TerraLex – a worldwide network of independent law firms involving 600 offices, over 100 countries and more than 19,000 attorneys; and
- Ius Laboris – a global employment law alliance involving over 160 cities, 49 countries and approximately 1,400 HR lawyers.
The firm is partnered with Cathay Associates on an expansion strategy involving over 600 lawyers and 50 countries to build business bridges between China and the rest of the world.
Key practice areas
Advising on all aspects of intellectual property, including:
- trade names;
- IP litigation;
- prosecution and transactions in advertising;
- automotive, biotechnology;
- fast-moving consumer goods;
- consumer goods; and
- telecommunication, media and information technology.
Highly experienced in local and international litigation and arbitration with an excellent track record in:
- antimonopoly litigation and regulatory investigations; and
- litigation in banking, corporate, commercial, financial, environment, insurance, international trade, intellectual property, maritime, privatisation, property, regulatory, tax, and other matters.
Antitrust and competition
Advising on all matters related to:
- merger control;
- concerted practices;
- market dominance;
- cartel investigation;
- intellectual property;
- public procurement; and
- trade and WTO matters within the Ukrainian competition and trade regulatory environment.
Corporate and M&A
- corporate mergers, acquisitions, reorganisations and liquidations;
- all types of commercial contracts;
- structuring cross-border transactions; and
- obtaining necessary merger control clearances and other regulatory approvals.
Labour and employment
Advising on Ukrainian labour and employment law, including:
- employment contracts and agreements with independent contractors;
- work permits for foreigners;
- registration with immigration and employment authorities; and
- redundancies and termination of collective bargains and trade union issues.
Representing the interests of high net worth individuals in matters of:
- capital structuring;
- domestic and international tax planning;
- asset management; and
- working closely with an international network of law firms and offshore trust companies handling all matters of family law.
Real estate and construction
A full range of legal services, including:
- operations with all types of commercial, residential and industrial property;
- investment and development projects;
- title due diligence;
- structuring transactions;
- project acquisition support;
- contractual work and negotiations;
- regulatory advice;
- pre-sales and project finance greenfield development;
- rezoning and legal support for agricultural business; and
- mining and other specific operations with land.
- all aspects of taxation under Ukrainian law;
- M&A and restructuring related tax planning;
- taxation aspects of property purchase and lease;
- industrial plants and machinery;
- tax implications of investing in Ukraine;
- double taxation treaties;
- tax affairs of foreign nationals employed in Ukraine;
- tax compliance and litigation and VAT refunds.
Vasil Kisil & Partners
17/52A Bohdan Khmelnytsky Street
- Ilarion Tomarov, Counsel
Other recommended individuals at this firm