Singh and Singh Law Firm LLP
Singh and Singh Law Firm LLP is a full-service law firm with over two decades of experience in providing services to various industries, including telecommunications, media, fast-moving consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, insurance, infrastructure and real estate. The firm’s expertise lies in IP law, media law, telecommunications law, arbitration, competition law, taxation, drug regulatory, company law, consumer protection law, sports law, environment law and service law – among others. With a highly qualified and experienced team of legal professionals, the firm is able to identify the core issues of its clients to provide suitable solutions.
Singh and Singh was founded by Maninder Singh, senior advocate (former Additional Solicitor General of India) and Prathiba M Singh, currently a judge at the Delhi High Court, in 1997. Mr M Singh was designate a senior advocate by the Supreme Court of India in 2008; he subsequently retired from the firm, which became a limited liability partnership in 2012 with five partners. Upon the designation of Mrs PM Singh as senior advocate in December 2012, the partnership was reduced to four partners. Since then, the firm has been running as a professionally managed firm; it currently has six partners and four associate partners, each an expert in their respective practice area. The firm has over 50 attorneys and has offices in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Chandigarh.
The expertise and experience brought in by the founding partners, coupled with their desire to create an energetic law firm, has inspired the creation of a dynamic team of lawyers and professionals who successfully take Singh and Singh’s legacy forward. Highly experienced and qualified individuals make up the respective teams at the firm, with rich experience in handling intricate and crucial matters. The firm has extensive experience in litigation, advisory, regulatory, prosecution and enforcement work.
The firm has grown over the years to become one of India’s leading law firms in the field of IP litigation, information technology, and technology, media and telecommunications and related aspects. The firm and its members have been ranked in the top tiers of various international and national rankings, including the following:
- Trademark Star – Sudeep Chatterjee, Managing Intellectual Property 2019;
- TMT Law Firm of the Year, Legal Era Awards 2019 and 2018;
- Young Achiever Award of the Year in the Firm Category – Sudeep Chatterjee, Legal Era Awards 2019;
- Copyright Firm of the Year – India, AsiaIP Awards 2018;
- 10 Most Prestigious & Trusted IP Law Firms of India 2018, World IP Forum;
- Bitika Sharma and Saya Choudhary – Rising Star Under 40, Legal Era Awards 2018;
- Firm of the Year 2018 – Trademark Contentious, Managing Intellectual Property Asia Awards 2018; and
- Bitika Sharma, Sudeep Chatterjee and Saya Choudhary – IP Star, Managing Intellectual Property.
- Benchmark Litigation: Dispute Resolution Star – Sudeep Chatterjee;
- Benchmark Litigation: Future Star – Saya Choudhary Kapur;
- Chambers & Partners: Band 3 – Litigation – Sudeep Chatterjee; and
- WIPR: Leaders – Sudeep Chatterjee.
The firm’s rankings for 2019 are:
- Managing Intellectual Property: Tier 1 – Contentious – Patent and Copyright;
- Managing Intellectual Property: Tier 2 – Contentious – Trademark;
- Managing Intellectual Property: Tier 3 – Trademark Prosecution;
- AsiaIP: Tier 1 – Contentious – Copyright;
- Media Law International: Tier 1 – Media Law;
- Benchmark Litigation: Tier 1 – Intellectual Property;
- WTR 1000: Silver – Trademark Enforcement and Litigation – India;
- Legal 500: Tier 2 – Intellectual Property; and
- AsiaLaw: Highly recommended – Intellectual Property.
Singh and Singh Law Firm LLP
New Delhi 110 024
Sample client list
- Havells Ltd
- ITC Ltd
- Paul Mitchell
- SC Johnson
- Sun Pharma
Other recommended individuals at this firm