RNA Technology and IP Attorneys
RNA Technology and IP Attorneys is a full-service IP firm. We were established in 2004 with the objective of providing pragmatic and cost-effective solutions to legal problems that IP owners face in relation to protection, enforcement and commercialisation of IP rights. Our services are modelled on the roles and responsibilities of in-house counsel so that our objectives and those of our clients are one and the same. The RNA team comprises trademark attorneys, researchers, patent agents, paralegals and IP investigators working seamlessly as a coordinated team. Our 42 professionals include five partners, 20 lawyers, seven paralegals, seven researchers and investigators that provide complete IP solutions as a one-stop-shop for all IP needs. Our patent team is supported of-counsels, team of 16 engineers, researchers and technical specialists in diverse technical domains that we can call on based on the nature of the assignment.
Over a short period of time, RNA has won the trust of a number of Fortune 500 companies around the globe. The firm has, in its 15 years’ journey, developed a strong clientele in diversified business segments including life sciences, information technology, electronics, consumer and luxury goods, petrochemicals, apparels, sports and fashion. We manage substantial enforcement and IP filing and prosecution work in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and the Maldives. Our extensive IP experience, ever-deepening IP knowledge and close relationships with local lawyers and investigators enables us to take effective actions in these jurisdictions.
We regularly advise clients on the best course of action available to them in enforcing their rights, keeping their business objectives in mind. This includes identifying the most germane courts for initiating legal action, assessing whether or not taking administrative, civil or criminal action would be a viable option. We draw a complete picture for our clients of the pros and cons of pursuing any course of action, along with offering varied alternatives related to any strategic decision that needs to be taken by them in pursuing a remedy.
Awards and accolades
- WTR 1000 2019 ranked RNA in its Silver Band category for IP protection in India for enforcement and litigation
- Asia IP recognised RNA as The India Trademark Firm of the year 2018
- Asia Law listed RNA as Notable IP Firm in 2019
- RNA was listed in Tier 2 for Copyright/Trademark Category in Asian Legal Business’s IP Rankings, May 2018
- MIP recognised RNA’s IP Attorneys in its Tier 2 Trademark – Contentious in 2018;
- MIP named Rachna Bakhru a Patent Star and Ranjan Narula an IP Star in 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Legal Era named RNA Best IT and TMT Law Firm of the year 2016
- Asia IP listed Ranjan Narula among its Top 100 IP Professionals
- Rachna Bakhru was recognised among the Top 250 Women in IP globally in 2017 and 2018
- RNA won the Puma Award for Best Trademark Firm, 2019; the Intel Award for Outstanding Achievement and Service, 2019; and the Pyramid Award – Unilever and Baker McKenzie for Best Contentious Firm
- Rajiv Suri was a Recommended lawyer – Trademark Prosecution/Litigation in Leaders League Intelligence Report & Directory Series in 2017 and 2018 and a Recommended Prosecution Lawyer by MIP in 2019
- RNA offers clients timely responses with pragmatic and cost-effective solutions. Our clients are at the heart of our services. We focus on getting to know our clients well, working collaboratively with them and focusing on practical results.
- Our in-house investigation team ensures a quick turn-around time and protection of sensitive information.
- We are professional and friendly, recognising the need to be flexible, open-minded and creative in all areas of business.
- We invest and nurture the talents and ambitions of each member of our team. Our success rate is 90% in interim injunctions and final judgments.
- We are completely transparent with our billing and open to work on alternative fee arrangements based on client requirements.
- We effectively use technology to provide clients a superior means of access to information through online databases and bespoke reports.
- We enjoy our work and strive to create balance.
- We care passionately about the communities in which we operate. Our teams are involved in several initiatives to improve the lives of others and undertake pro bono legal projects.
RNA Technology and IP Attorneys
401-402 4th Floor
Suncity Success Tower
Golf Course Extension Road