Reinhold Cohn Group
Reinhold Cohn Group (RCIP) is the leading IP consulting firm in Israel. RCIP offers a breadth of expertise in IP-related services including protection, asset management, due diligence, litigation and legal services. The firm operates in all areas of intellectual property such as patents, trademarks, designs, copyrights, open source and plant breeders’ rights.
The group includes the patent attorney firm Reinhold Cohn & Partners and the law firm Gilat, Bareket & Co, Attorneys at law.
The synergy of patent attorneys experienced in a diverse spectrum of technological and scientific disciplines working alongside legal professionals creates a unique and effective platform for maximising the value of a client’s IP assets by securing optimal protection.
RCIP and its team are internationally renowned for excellence and are continually ranked in the top tiers in leading international and local guides such as Managing Intellectual Property, Chambers & Partners, Legal 500, WTR 1000, IAM Patent 1000, Who’s Who Legal, D&B Israel and BDI.
Reinhold Cohn & Partners’ trademark department, headed by senior partner Ronit Barzik-Soffer, is the largest in Israel in its field and has an excellent, worldwide reputation. The trademark department deals with various aspects of brand protection, including:
- strategic and legal counselling for branding, brand protection, trademark selection, trademark registration and proper use of trademarks in Israel and worldwide;
- planning, building and management of local and international trademark portfolios for international and local clients;
- conducting and analysing trademark clearance searches;
- drafting and prosecuting trademark applications, and legal assistance in trademark prosecution with the Israeli Trademark Office, WIPO (international registrations) and in various national and regional trademark registries worldwide (through local associates);
- managing and handling multi-jurisdictional trademark conflicts and negotiations for amicable trademark coexistence;
- domain name registration;
- strategic and legal counselling on brand-related transactions and drafting trademark-related agreements, including licence agreements, coexistence agreements and prior-rights agreements; and
- trademark watches for confusingly similar trademarks.
Gilat, Bareket & Co, Attorneys at law
The law firm of Gilat, Bareket & Co, Attorneys at law is a leading IP firm in Israel, specialising in litigation and legal protection of IP rights in patents, technologies, brands, designs, creative works and inventions.
With years of professional experience, Gilat, Bareket & Co, Attorneys at law garners recognition for successfully litigating landmark cases and representing domestic and international clients. The firm’s areas of expertise include patent and trademark litigation, protection of designs and copyright, structuring and negotiating IP-related contracts and transactions. The firm helps its customers with R&D and licence agreements, knowledge acquisition and technology transfer agreements, and agreements vis-à-vis collective rights management societies. The firm also provides a service of enforcement of brand owners’ rights to prevent import and distribution of counterfeits and imitations. Other areas of expertise include investment agreements, obtaining financing from the governmental Office of the Chief Scientist and other institutional investors, non-disclosure agreements, distribution agreements, internet law and strategic cooperation with foreign companies.
Gilat, Bareket & Co, Attorneys at law, headed by senior partner David Gilat, provides a wide range of services for all that pertains to strategy and protection of trademarks and reputation, including:
- representation in court in lawsuits involving issues of unfair competition including trademark infringement, passing off and unlawful enrichment;
- enforcement of brand owners’ rights – representation before administrative and judicial bodies including customs authorities, IP police and the courts;
- management of oppositions and applications for the revocation or cancellation of trademarks before the trademarks registrar;
- IP transactions including licensing, franchising and merchandising agreements and the assignment of rights;
- handling of conflicts pertaining to the protection of internet domain names;
- strategic consultation on all that pertains to managing and planning of a trademark portfolio in Israel and abroad; and
- rendering of opinions for all that pertains to the field of unfair competition and brand protection.
In recent years, the firm’s attorneys have taken part in many of the most important cases in Israeli courts in the area of registered and unregistered trademark protection, copyright, industrial design protection, appellation of origin and unfair competition, including those argued before the Supreme Court. They have extensive experience in this area and have been chosen to represent local and international companies, among them some of the world’s most valuable brands.
Reinhold Cohn Group
Reinhold Cohn House
26A Habarzel Street
Tel Aviv 6971037