PONS IP is a global IP firm founded in 1945 and headquartered in Madrid. Our team consists of 130 qualified professionals who focus on designing and implementing effective solutions to meet the particular needs of each client. Only a committed, innovative, client-oriented team can reach its clients’ targets in a competitive and changing market.
Our extensive network of regional offices in Spain is complemented by our international presence in key economic hubs (Bogota, Medellin, Guangzhou and Brussels), where we represent the interests of over 27,000 customers in 150 countries.
Through our offices in Colombia, we offer one-stop IP services across Latin America. We have implemented our know-how in the region to deliver high-quality services, total commitment and outstanding experience.
As specialists in the sector, backed by our experience and international presence, PONS IP offers comprehensive advice and ongoing dialogue with our clients, helping them choose the best strategy for the protection of their intangible assets.
We are experts in the definition of strategies, and the management and defence of IP rights. We take a personalised approach to clients’ needs, with a focus on excellence in order to create value through a tailored service – something which sets us apart from other firms. These include:
- IP consulting – strategy and planning: we design customised legal protection, defining a strategic IP plan in line with the company’s global strategy;
- protection – intangible assets: we offer a comprehensive service, including previous research and analysis, as well as management of IP portfolios worldwide; and
- defence – legal advice: we defend the rights of exclusivity of our clients, starting with and initial advice to representation in courts.
Our lawyers are highly specialised in the sector and have extensive experience in litigation procedures in relation to trademarks, patents, utility models, industrial designs, trade secrets/know-how, copyright and copyright-related rights, unfair competition and unfair advertising.
We assist Spanish and international clients with the full range of IP matters, including:
- industrial designs;
- domain names;
- intangible asset valuation;
- technology transfer and licensing;
- market intelligence reports;
- utility models;
- freedom-to-operate reports; and
- data protection.
We advise prominent clients from a variety of sectors on the full spectrum of trademark matters, from prosecution in the European Union and further afield, to opposition and litigation proceedings.
- Litigation and enforcement actions, including defence against oppositions, appeals, nullity and forfeiture actions brought on by third parties
- Trademark registration worldwide
- Comprehensive advice on the implementation of trademark strategies
- Trademark portfolio audits
- Sale and licensing agreements
- Global monitoring of trademarks
Our copyright practice has significantly grown; highlights from the past 12 months include advising on the copyright aspects and representing the producers of hit TV series in copyright infringement proceedings.
Diverse, high-profile client base
We act on behalf of clients from a wide range of industry sectors, including:
- software and new technologies;
- energy and environment;
- chemistry and pharmaceuticals;
- research and life sciences;
- film and TV production;
- sports and fashion;
- civil engineering;
- industrial and automotive; and
We have recently won public and private sector tenders for high-profile companies and organisations.
PONS IP takes part in major international IP organisations, including INTA, the European Communities Trademark Association, the Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property, MARQUES, the Licensing Executives Society, the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property and the Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office, pro-actively collaborating in their events, publications and projects.
Glorieta de Rubén Darío 4
- Patricia García Köthenbürger, International affairs
Recommended individuals at this firm
Other recommended individuals at this firm
Claudia Lucia Caro Ramirez