Meyerlustenberger Lachenal Ltd
Meyerlustenberger Lachenal Ltd is one of the largest and most reputable international law firms in Switzerland. Its 90 experienced and dynamic lawyers form a strong team of specialists. The firm has offices in Zurich, Brussels, Geneva, Zug and Lausanne. The name Meyerlustenberger Lachenal Ltd (MLL) stands for innovative and solution-focused services. The firm’s strength also lies in its size; it is in a position to offer clients the full range of services associated with a large law firm, while providing a high degree of individualised service and creative thinking, along with a reasonable cost structure. MLL advises discerning clients on all issues relating to national and international commercial law and represents their interests before the Swiss courts and authorities, as well as in arbitration proceedings.
Specialist IP and technology practice
Headed by one of the most recognised Swiss IP litigators and advisers, Michael Ritscher, the top-ranked IP and technology practice is renowned for the following:
- Precedent-setting trademark and design matters – led by Peter Schramm and Guillaume Fournier, the team frequently establishes first-of-a-kind trademark registration proceedings and decisions (eg, colours, shapes and letters).
- Exceptional experience in patent litigation – the firm’s patent team, led by Simon Holzer, handles over 30% of all cases brought before the Swiss Patent Court. The firm provides by far the largest and most experienced patent practice group of any Swiss law firm.
- Unequaled expertise in handling complex counterfeit cases – for decades, the team has advised a high-end innovative design furniture manufacturer in defending its interests in worldwide copyright, design and trademark infringement cases, and is also an adviser to many companies in related sectors.
- Significant pharma life sciences component – headed by Simon Holzer, the pharma life sciences practice group regularly represents and advises major pharmaceutical companies on all IP aspects relating to their businesses (eg, joint venture agreements, research agreements, clinical trial agreements, licence agreements, supply agreements, pricing and regulatory issues). Most of the major players in this sector appear in the firm’s client base.
- Leading role in the new “Swissness” statute – the team is known for its unmatched expertise in the protection of geographical indications and has played a key role in shaping and implementing the “Swissness” legislation, a hot topic that came into effect in 2017. Our firm advises and represents the Swiss Cosmetic Association and Chocosuisse, the Swiss chocolate manufacturer association, in law-making procedure before the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health, the Swiss Federal Office of Agriculture, the Swiss Institute of Intellectual Property and the Swiss Federal Council concerning the requirements and labelling obligations for cosmetic products and chocolate products with a Swiss origin.
- Strong capabilities in assisting clients in EU and international matters – with four offices in Switzerland and one in Brussels, the IP lawyers regularly assist clients across Europe, particularly with regard to EU legal issues, often working alongside the firm’s competition experts.
- Enlarged experience in IT and copyright matters – headed by new partner Lukas Bühlmann and Reinhard Oertli, the IT and copyright group represents both industry representatives and artists in copyright disputes regarding photography, software and television programmes, including cases involving collecting societies.
- Experience with advertising, retail and brand name companies – the IP and technology team also has expert knowledge in unfair competition and advertising law matters, and the firm is the Swiss member of Adlaw, a top-ranked worldwide network of advertising lawyers.
- Strong collegial spirit – the IP and technology lawyers form a strong team; their in-depth knowledge of each other’s competencies and working methods means that they can efficiently bring together the needed skills to provide innovative solutions and effectively serve clients.
MLL’s working languages include German, English, French and Spanish; some of the firm’s professionals are also fluent in Italian and Portuguese.
Meyerlustenberger Lachenal Ltd
PO Box 1765
Recommended individuals at this firm
Other recommended individuals at this firm