Lung Tin Intellectual Property Agent Ltd
Founded in 1994, Lung Tin was one of the first Chinese IP firms approved by the government to represent international clients in China. Headquartered in Beijing, Lung Tin has offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Xi’an, Shenyang and the United States, and a representative office in Japan. We have more than 360 staff members, 160 of whom are attorneys. Lung Tin has grown into a prominent full-service IP firm providing global IP services with a worldwide network of strategic alliances.
- Chinese Leading Law Firm, Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
- Recommended Chinese Trademark Firm, WTR 1000 2018
- Chinese IP Stars in Trademark & Copyright 2018, Managing Intellectual Property
- Deputy director member of the China Trademark Association
- Outstanding IP Firm in China since 2015, China Intellectual Property Magazine
Efficient and detail-oriented system
Focusing on high-quality legal services, Lung Tin has established a detail-oriented system that is aimed at promoting efficiency while handling every client communication and matter with the utmost care. With this system, Lung Tin is not only proficient in providing traditional services – including searching, prosecution, litigation, counselling and mediation in the areas of patents, trademarks, copyright, trade secrets, customs, domain names and unfair competition – but is also capable of assisting clients in strategising, managing, analysing and monitoring their IP portfolios in a way that is based on their business objectives and needs, thereby maximising the value of their IP portfolios.
Recent successful litigation cases
- 2015 Top 10 IP Case by Chinese Court accredited by the Supreme People’s Court of China: Shanghai Pafuluo Stationery Co, Ltd, v Picasso International Enterprise Holding Co & Shanghai Art Imagine Stationery Co, Ltd (trademark licensing contract dispute)
- KYOCERA well-known trademark recognition case by Beijing High People’s Court (2016)
- 2016 Beijing IP Court notable cases: Macy’s West Stores, Inc v Beijing National Network Information Co Ltd (representing prevailing plaintiff in a ‘macys.cn’ domain name dispute)
Lung Tin has a multinational team of highly educated professionals who are familiar with the laws of various jurisdictions and fluent in many languages. The team includes highly experienced attorneys with doctoral degrees from the United States, Europe and Japan. With this team, Lung Tin can narrow the language gap to ensure accurate and seamless communication with its international clients and associates.
Delivering value to clients with accuracy, consistency, speed and reliability is of primary importance, because Lung Tin’s success depends on its clients’ success. Thus, Lung Tin always offers each client the same warmth and attention that it offered to its first client, and handles each matter with the same care and consideration that it gave to its first case.
Reliability, proficiency, teamwork, innovation and solutions have always been and will remain Lung Tin’s core values for success.
We specialise in intellectual property and provide the full range of IP services, including:
- patents, trademark, copyright, domain name registration, brand management and counselling, enforcement and anti-counterfeiting;
- trade secrets, unfair competition, anti-trust (eg, compliance, counselling and litigation); and
- litigation, alternative dispute resolution (eg, administration, civil and criminal actions).
Lung Tin’s practice team consists of highly educated professionals who have a wealth of legal and technical knowledge and experience. Among our staff are numerous former SIPO patent examiners, a former SIPO deputy commissioner and the current vice chair of the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI) China.
We specialise in intellectual property and focus exclusively on IP matters with knowledge and experience; are technically skilful and can interpret complex facts and laws with scientific expertise; are committed to offering clients service of the highest standard; and are efficient at tailoring our services with the understanding of client objectives, costs and the market environment.
Memberships and activities
- All China Patent Agent Association (managing board member)
- China Intellectual Property Society (managing board member)
- China Trademark Association (deputy director member)
- Patent Protection Association of China (deputy director member)
- China Trademark Association (managing board member)
- China Industrial Federation (managing board member)
- Journal of China Invention and Patent (deputy manager)
- FICPI, China Chapter (vice president)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Licensing Executives Society
Lung Tin has offered IP awards and fellowships to students of the law school at Renmin University of China since 1998.
Lung Tin Intellectual Property Agent Ltd
5 Huizhong Road
- Di (Deland) Wu, Partner
- Hong Kong
- New York
Sample client list
- China Southern Airline
- Direction & Associates