Lung Tin Intellectual Property Agent Ltd
Founded in 1994, Lung Tin Intellectual Property Agent Ltd was one of the first Chinese IP firms approved by the government to represent international clients in China. Headquartered in Beijing, Lung Tin has offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Xi’an, Shenyang, Xiamen and the United States, and a representative office in Japan. We have more than 430 staff members, 180 of whom are attorneys. Lung Tin has grown into a prominent full-service IP firm providing global IP services with a worldwide network of strategic alliances.
- Chinese Leading Law Firm, Chambers Asia Pacific 2020
- Recommended Chinese Trademark Firm, WTR 1000 2020
- Chinese IP Stars in Trademark & Copyright 2020, Managing Intellectual Property
- Outstanding IP Firm in China 2020, China Intellectual Property Magazine (winner of that award since 2015)
Efficient and detail-oriented system
Focusing on high-quality legal services, Lung Tin has established a detail-oriented system that is aimed at promoting efficiency while handling every client communication and matter with the utmost care. This enables Lung Tin to be not only proficient in providing traditional services – including searching, prosecution, litigation, counselling and mediation in the areas of patents, trademarks, copyright, trade secrets, customs, domain names and unfair competition – but also capable of assisting clients in strategising, managing, analysing and monitoring their IP portfolios to meet their business objectives and needs, thereby maximising the value of their IP portfolios.
Recent successful litigation cases
- 2019 Top 10 IP Cases by Chinese Court accredited by the Supreme People’s Court of China: Balanced Body Inc of California USA v Yongkang Elina Sports Equipment Co Ltd (trademark infringement dispute)
- KYOCERA well-known trademark recognition case by the Beijing High People’s Court (2016)
- 2016 Beijing IP Court notable cases: Macy’s West Stores Inc v Beijing National Network Information Co Ltd (representing the prevailing plaintiff in a ‘macys.cn’ domain name dispute)
Lung Tin has a multinational team of highly educated professionals who are familiar with the laws of various jurisdictions and fluent in many languages. The team includes highly experienced attorneys with doctoral degrees from the United States, Europe and Japan. Its members’ languages skills enable accurate and seamless communication with international clients and associates.
Delivering value to clients with accuracy, consistency, speed and reliability is of primary importance, because Lung Tin’s success depends on its clients’ success. Thus, Lung Tin offers each new client the same warmth and attention that it offered to its first client, and handles each matter with the same care and consideration that it gave to its first case.
Reliability, proficiency, teamwork, innovation and solutions have always been and will remain Lung Tin’s core values for success.
We specialise in intellectual property and provide the full range of IP services, including:
- patents, trademarks, copyright, domain name registration, brand management and counselling, enforcement and anti-counterfeiting;
- trade secrets, unfair competition, anti-trust (eg, compliance, counselling and litigation); and
- litigation and alternative dispute resolution (eg, administration, civil and criminal actions).
Lung Tin’s practice team consists of highly educated professionals who have a wealth of legal and technical knowledge and experience. Among our staff are numerous former patent examiners at the State Intellectual Property Office of China (SIPO, now the China National Intellectual Property Administration), a former SIPO deputy commissioner and the current vice chair of the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI) China.
We specialise in intellectual property and focus exclusively on IP matters with knowledge and experience; have deep technical knowledge and can interpret complex facts and laws with scientific expertise; are committed to offering clients services of the highest standards; and are efficient at tailoring our services with the understanding of client objectives, costs and market environment.
Memberships and activities
- All China Patent Agent Association (managing board member)
- China Intellectual Property Society (managing board member)
- China Trademark Association (deputy director member)
- Patent Protection Association of China (deputy director member)
- China Trademark Association (managing board member)
- China Industrial Federation (managing board member)
- Journal of China Invention and Patent (deputy manager)
- FICPI, China Chapter (vice president)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Licensing Executives Society
Lung Tin has offered IP awards and fellowships to students of the Renmin University of China Law School since 1998.
Lung Tin Intellectual Property Agent Ltd
5 Huizhong Road
- Di (Deland) Wu, Partner
- Hong Kong
- New York
Sample client list
- China Southern Airline
- Direction & Associates