Founded in 1998, IntellecPro is an IP boutique firm with its head office in Beijing and four branch offices in Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Tokyo. As one of the earliest trademark and patent firms in China serving foreign clients, we are dedicated to excellence in IP law in the fields of patent, trademark, copyright, trade secrets and unfair competition. The firm actively engages in the prosecution, enforcement and litigation of IP rights in China.
IntellecPro has more than 200 staff, with nearly half based in Beijing. Led by senior professionals with on average 10 years’ experience, our team has a profound knowledge of the IP legal framework and practices in China and can provide clients with effective solutions to their problems. Our professionals think in business terms and are committed to providing cost-effective services that are tailored to our clients’ business needs and aimed at making their IP rights work. Our culture is characterised by teamwork and a commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Two of our partners, Qi Hu and Tian-ying Zhao, have been listed in the WTR 1000 as world leading trademark professionals.
IntellecPro’s trademark team assists clients to design brand names and logos, and to draw and implement brand-building plans. It particularly excels at handling oppositions and invalidations against trademark pirates before administrative and judicial authorities.
IntellecPro’s patent team helps clients create and implement patent strategies. Traditionally strong in the chemistry field, its expertise in electronics and telecoms has grown rapidly in recent years.
IntellecPro’s enforcement and litigation team specialises in combating the increasingly sophisticated IP infringers in China. Its strength lies in handling disputes involving conflicts among different types of rights, as well as defending clients in legal actions lodged by trademark trolls.
IntellecPro represents companies of various sizes from start-ups to the world’s top 500, and across a wide range of industries covering automotive, electronics, fashion, finance, food and beverage, hospitality and catering, manufacturing and machinery, media and entertainment, medical devices, pharmaceuticals and chemicals, retail and telecoms. The firm has successfully represented many high-profile clients such as Apple, Dell, Pepsi, Heineken, NBC Universal, Entertainment One, Bruce Lee, Paul Frank, Procter & Gamble, 3M, Caterpillar, Westinghouse and Philip Morris, which has made IntellecPro one of the leading firms in the IP profession. In recent years, we have rapidly expanded our client base in China and successfully won some large clients, including Bilibili, Convenience Bee, Pingan, Qi’anxin, Seasun Games and ZTE.
- 1998 – the firm was founded in Beijing by four senior practitioners, initially serving primarily international clients.
- 2001 – a branch office was set up in Shanghai to meet our clients’ needs in the Yangtze Delta Region.
- 2002 – a branch office was opened in Guangzhou in an effort to acquire domestic clients in the fast-developing Pearl River Delta Region.
- 2003 – the firm merged with the Patent Office of the Ministry of Light Industry to strengthen its patent services.
- 2005 – a second branch office was set up in the Pearl River Delta Region, located in Shenzhen.
- 2007 – an agreement arrangement was entered into between the firm and IPRO Attorneys at Law to enhance the firm’s litigation services.
- 2008 – the firm opened an office in Tokyo to facilitate communication with our Japanese clients.
- 2016 – the firm took over the management of the IP department of Shanghai Hansheng Law Offices.
9 Chegongzhuang Dajie
Sample client list
- Align Technology
- Entertainment One
- General Motors (Shanghai)
- Master Kong