Founded in 1998, IntellecPro is an IP boutique firm with the head office in Beijing and four branch offices in Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Tokyo. As one of the earliest trademark and patent firms in China serving foreign clients, we are dedicated to excellence in IP law, including patent, trademark, copyright, trade secrets and unfair competition. The firm actively engages in the prosecution, enforcement and litigation of IP rights in China.
IntellecPro represents companies of various sizes from start-ups to the world’s top 500, and across a wide range of industries covering automotive, electronics, fashion, finance, food and beverage, hospitality and catering, manufacturing and machinery, media and entertainment, medical devices, pharmaceuticals and chemicals, retail and telecommunications. In the past year, the firm has successfully represented many high-profile clients such as Apple, Dell, Pepsi, Heineken, NBC Universal, Entertainment One, Bruce Lee, Paul Frank, Procter & Gamble, 3M, Caterpillar, Westinghouse and Philip Morris, which has made IntellecPro one of the leading firms in the IP profession. Our culture is characterised by teamwork and a commitment to excellence in everything we do.
IntellecPro has over 200 staff in total, with nearly half of them based in Beijing. There are 14 partners in the firm. Our IP team is made up of fee earners and supporting staff. The ratio of the fee earners (including the partners) to the supporting staff is six to four. Lawyers, consultants and attorneys occupy more than 75% of the fee earners. With 10 years’ experience on average, our senior professionals have a profound knowledge of the IP legal framework and practice in China, thus can provide our clients with effective solutions to their problems.
IntellecPro’s trademark team assists clients to design brand name and logo, draw brand-building plans, and implement such plans. It particularly excels in handling oppositions and invalidations against trademark pirates before administrative and judicial authorities.
IntellecPro’s patent team helps clients create and implement patent strategies. Being strong in the field of chemistry traditionally, its expertise in electronics and tele-communication has grown rapidly in recent years.
IntellecPro’s enforcement and litigation team specializes in combating the growingly-sophisticated IP infringers in China. Its strength lies in handling disputes involving conflicts among different type of rights, and defending clients in legal actions lodged by trademark trolls.
Noteworthy developments at the firm over the past year include following:
- IntellecPro formed a strategic alliance with the Beijing branch of Hansheng Law Firm (a top 10 firm in Shanghai) to share client resources with each other.
- IntellecPro has been successful in gaining some large Chinese companies as clients, including Ray Li, Qi An Xin, Seaun Games and Convenience Bee.
- In response to the growing needs of our patent clients, particularly Pingan, Bilibili and Qi An Xin, we further expanded our patent team for electronics and telecommunications and now have nearly 40 patent attorneys in this field.
- Senior litigator Yang Lihua joined the firm this year. She is highly experienced in handling contentious matters, especially copyright disputes, and has helped client win a few court cases that are quite influential in the industry.
9 Chegongzhuang Dajie
Sample client list
- Align Technology
- Entertainment One
- General Motors (Shanghai)
- Master Kong
- Qihoo 360