Foridom IP Law Firm
Foridom is a full-service IP law firm based in Shanghai with more than 15 years of experience in the IP domain. The six partners lead teams whose practices focus on trademarks, patents, copyright, business secrets and unfair competition.
Some 30 professionals are trademark and copyright agents, another 30 are patent attorneys and the remaining 10 are attorneys at law. The firm also relies on a solid network of IP law firms to provide worldwide services to its clients.
Foridom’s high-quality services have been recognised through numerous awards, including:
- WTR 1000 2020;
- WTR 1000 Recommended Individual 2020 (prosecution and strategy, Wang Kuiyu);
- WTR 1000 Recommended Individual 2020 (enforcement and litigation, Sophia Chen);
- IAM 1000 2020;
- Top Ten Excellent Team of China’s Intellectual Property Litigation (Sophia Chen and her team);
- Top Ten Excellent Attorney of China’s Copyright Litigation (Sophia Chen);
- Excellent Trademark Service Agency in China for nine consecutive years (China Trademark Association);
- Trademark Golden Agency Service Individual (China Trademark Association – Wang Kuiyu, Wang Lufeng and Gan Zhangguai);
- Credit unit in 2016 and ranked in the top tier for eastern China (MIP);
- Top Ten Excellent Trademark Service Agency for two consecutive years;
- Excellent Intellectual Property Staff 2019-2020;
- Intellectual Property International Excellent Service Provider 2019-2020;
- Star Agency (All-China Patent Attorneys Association); and
- IP Star (Wang Kuiyu and Sophia Chen).
Our top cases have been selected as:
- the National Excellent Trademark Case of 2019-2020 (by the China Trademark Association – Sophia Chen and Li Xiaoyan); and
- the IP Model cases of Shanghai (by the Shanghai High People’s Court – Sophia Chen).
Foridom is a member of INTA, a council member of the China Trademark Association and an executive council member of the Shanghai Trademark Association. Our senior partner, Sophia Chen, is also a member of the INTA Public Information Committee.
At Foridom, we maintain excellent relationships with international partners. This enables the firm to offer comprehensive patent and trademark strategies and solutions to its clients.
Foridom’s key practice areas include litigation, trademark administrative litigation, IP infringement litigation, business secrets and unfair competition. The firm also boasts a high success rate in trademark administrative proceedings.
We also focus on trademarks, trademark searches, filings, challenges and response, priority claims, customs registration, monitoring trademark applications and infringement, trademark operation, and international applications via the Madrid System. Our trademark expertise has been well recognised, with some of our partners being invited to participate in the legislative discussions by the Chinese government. Several members of the trademark team also frequently contribute to specialist publications, such as the China IP Newspaper and China Trademark and Shanghai IP.
For patents we have expertise in pre-filing, filing and prosecution of national patents, Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications, national phase openings for the PCT and patent operation. The Foridom patent team covers numerous industry sectors, from artificial intelligence, computer and software, communication engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and energy to chemicals, biologicals and pharmaceuticals.
The copyright team works on copyright registration, licensing, trading, testing, rights protection, and other comprehensive copyright strategies.
Foridom IP Law Firm
410 Guiping Road
Sample client list
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited
- Juneyao Airlines Co Ltd
- Shanghai Animation Film Studio Co Ltd
- Shanghai Zhangmen Technology Co Ltd