FJF Legal is a law firm established in 2017 by experienced IP lawyers and attorneys. It provides full IP services, from prosecution of worldwide trademark portfolios and related strategical advice to complex trademark, design and patent litigation, handled with care and utmost professional and ethical standards before the administrative, civil and criminal courts. The firm is also highly active in advertising, IT and entertainment law. It advises major clients on contract-related issues and is developing a commercial law practice which supports and services its core IP activities.
FJF Legal has a team comprising professionals with different backgrounds and nationalities, including specialised IP and IT lawyers, patent and trademark attorneys and professionals skilled in several European languages. The team readily advises on complex issues, which requires a solid background and an extensive global network of reliable associates, which the firm has built through years of participation in international conferences and seminars all over the world.
FJF Legal attorneys are often invited to lecture at universities and IP postgraduate courses, as well as conferences and seminars of well-known IP associations such as the International Trademark Association, the European Communities Trademark Association and the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, where they serve as fellow members of committees.
The range of industries that FJF Legal represents includes fashion, tobacco, food and beverages, automotive, telecoms, e-commerce platforms, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and energy.
FJF Legal aims to become a reference in the IP field and a strong ally to its clients, turning what began as an IP firm into a forum for discussion and the exchange of ideas for those aiming to widen public access to creativity and innovation.
FJF Legal takes a creative business-focused approach when handling all kinds of trademark issue for its clients. Its services include:
- global trademark clearance searches and filing strategies worldwide;
- filing and registering trademarks before the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office (SPTO), the EU Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO);
- maintaining and renewing Spanish, EU and international registrations;
- prosecuting worldwide through its extensive network of associates;
- proceedings before the EUIPO, including absolute grounds for refusal, opposition proceedings and appeals;
- proceedings before the EU General Court and the European Court of Justice;
- opposition proceedings before the SPTO and following appeals before the Spanish administrative courts;
- cancellation actions concerning Spanish trademarks before Spanish courts;
- advising on national and pan-European enforcement strategies;
- trademark infringement and unfair competition actions, including special expertise before the EU trademark courts of Alicante;
- drafting any kind of procedural document at any stage of court proceedings (eg, precautionary measures proceedings, main action and appeals);
- coordinating evidence collection with private investigators and experts;
- attending hearings and trials;
- customs enforcement; and
- negotiating and drafting any kind of agreement involving the exploitation of trademark rights, including licence agreements, assignment agreements, distribution agreements and goodwill agreements.
Domain name services
- Domain name clearance and filing strategies
- Enforcement actions before competent authorities (eg, WIPO and Red.es)
- Domain name infringement and unfair competition actions
- Negotiations and contracts
In addition to trademark and domain name-related services, the firm is also highly active in the prosecution and enforcement of industrial design rights and patent litigation, with proven and successful experience in complex and multinational patent infringement and validity proceedings relating to different technical areas and industry sectors.
FJF Legal also offers:
- IT-related services;
- advice on compliance with relevant legislation and case law concerning e-commerce regulation and consumer protection; and
- advice on matters of data protection in Spain and the European Union.
FJF Legal is also active in unfair competition, copyright and image rights-related matters.
C/ Velázquez 78 - 5º Izq
Sample client list
- Cafe Del Mar
- Compañia Española De Petroleos (Cepsa)
- Japan Tobacco
- Pernod Ricard
- Super Dry
- The Scotch Whisky Association