Dr Helen G Papaconstantinou and Partners Law Firm
Dr Helen G Papaconstantinou and Partners Law Firm (HP&P) is one of the oldest and largest IP law firms in Greece and broadly recognised as the leading boutique in the country.
HP&P was established as a law firm in October 2015, having evolved from the law offices of Dr PD Theodorides and Dr Helen G Papaconstantinou (established in 1920) and the company Dr Helen G Papaconstantinou, John V Filias and Associates. The firm’s partners are Dr Papaconstantinou (managing partner), Eva Yazitzoglou, Miranda Theodoridou, Maria Athanassiadou and Fotini Kardiopoulis. The firm’s managing consultant is John Filias.
HP&P is registered with the Athens Bar Association and is a member of the Greek Association of Law Firms.
With 12 fully qualified lawyers and 21 paralegals and support staff, HP&P provides legal and administrative services of excellent quality. All of the firm’s attorneys are members of the Athens Bar Association and most of them are admitted to practise before the Supreme Court and the Council of State. Three are European patent attorneys and one is also a member of the Hamburg Bar Association. They are all active members of various international associations, including the European Patent Institute, the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys, the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys, the Chartered Institute of Trademark Attorneys, the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, the International Trademark Association (INTA), the European Communities Trademark Association, the Pharmaceutical Trademarks Group, MARQUES, the International Community of Breeders of Asexually Reproduced Ornamental and Fruit Varieties and UNION-IP, and are regular contributors to important and internationally recognised IP resources such as the World Trademark Review, IAM, Wolters Kluwer Manual IP, Katzarov’s Manual on Industrial Property and several INTA resources.
HP&P is proud of its IP specialist teams, which not only have high levels of experience and expertise but can also efficiently adapt to the new demands arising in traditional sectors of the IP field (eg, trademarks, patents and copyright) and in modern sectors (eg, anti-counterfeiting, domain names and alternative dispute resolution (ADR)).
The firm closely collaborates with 35 highly experienced technical counsellors in all scientific fields (eg, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, biology and electrical, electronic, chemical and mechanical engineering). They are all competent translators and also regularly provide consulting services of the highest quality, based on their technical expertise in all IP sectors.
Throughout the firm’s many years of activity, longstanding invaluable collaborations with hundreds of highly reputable firms around the world have been established, enabling HP&P to represent some of the most important companies worldwide – either directly or through their legal agents – building on a solid foundation of mutual benefit.
Our client base covers a broad spectrum, including businesses in all industries and sectors. Our clients range from large international companies and market leaders to small local businesses, represented either directly by us or indirectly through trademark and patent agents and practices all over the world.
HP&P serves its foreign clients in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
The firm’s services cover the following:
- national, EU and international trademarks;
- national, European and Patent Cooperation Treaty patents;
- European patent validations;
- utility models;
- supplementary protection certificates;
- plant variety rights;
- national, Community and international designs;
- geographical indications and designations of origin;
- copyright and protection of artistic works;
- exploitation of IP rights;
- licensing and franchising;
- due diligence searches and related consultancy and monitoring;
- litigation involving all aspects of IP law;
- IP consultancy;
- anti-piracy, anti-counterfeiting, customs monitoring and border measures;
- trade secrets;
- domain names;
- ADR mediation;
- internet law, electronic forms of payment, online contracts and services; and
- competition, advertising and consumer protection law.
HP&P is consistently ranked among the top IP law firms in Greece by international legal directories and associations. Indicatively, the most recent recognitions include:
- Corporate INTL – IP Litigation Law Firm of the Year – Greece, 2016 to 2019;
- Corporate USA Today – Law Firm of the Year – IP Litigation – Greece, 2018;
- IAM Patent 1000 – Recommended Firm (Gold), 2016 to 2018;
- WTR 1000 – Recommended Firm (Gold), 2016 to 2018;
- IP Stars – Tier 1 Firm, Patents and Trademarks, 2016 to 2018; and
- Legal 500 – top-tier rankings in intellectual property, 2016 to 2018.
HP&P has been certified according to the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO 9001:2015).