Dr Helen G Papaconstantinou and Partners Law Firm
Dr Helen G Papaconstantinou and Partners Law Firm (HP&P) is a leading full-service IP law firm, with a history that spans over a century. As one of the oldest and largest IP law firms in Greece, HP&P combines a deep knowledge of all aspects of the IP field with a thorough understanding of its clients’ needs within the ever-evolving and challenging innovation environment of international markets.
The firm’s partners are Eva Yazitzoglou (managing partner), Miranda Theodoridou, Maria Athanassiadou and Fotini Kardiopoulis.
HP&P is registered with the Athens Bar Association and is a member of the Greek Association of Law Firms.
With 11 fully qualified lawyers and 21 paralegals and support staff, HP&P provides legal and administrative services of excellent quality. All of the firm’s attorneys are members of the Athens Bar Association and most of them are admitted to practise before the Supreme Court and the Council of State. Two of them are European patent attorneys. They are all active members of key international associations, including the European Patent Institute, the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys, the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys, the Chartered Institute of Trademark Attorneys, the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, INTA, the European Communities Trademark Association, the Pharmaceutical Trademarks Group, MARQUES, the International Community of Breeders of Asexually Reproduced Ornamental and Fruit Varieties and UNION-IP, and are regular contributors to important and internationally recognised IP resources such as the World Trademark Review, IAM, Wolters Kluwer Manual IP, Katzarov’s Manual on Industrial Property and several INTA resources.
The firm closely collaborates with 40 highly experienced technical counsellors covering all scientific fields (eg, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, biology and electrical, electronic, chemical and mechanical engineering), who not only provide translator services of the highest standard, but also regularly offer consulting services of excellent quality, based on their significant experience and technical expertise in all IP sectors.
Throughout the firm’s many years of activity, longstanding invaluable collaborations with hundreds of highly reputable firms around the world have been established, enabling HP&P to represent some of the most important companies worldwide.
The HP&P client base covers a broad spectrum of businesses in all industries and sectors. Our clients range from large international companies and market leaders to small local businesses and start-ups, represented either directly by us or indirectly through trademark and patent agents and practices all over the world.
HP&P serves its foreign clients in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
The firm’s services cover the following:
- national, EU and international trademarks;
- national, European and Patent Cooperation Treaty patents;
- European patent validations;
- utility models;
- supplementary protection certificates;
- plant variety rights;
- national, Community and international designs;
- geographical indications and designations of origin;
- copyright and protection of artistic works;
- exploitation of IP rights;
- licensing and franchising;
- due diligence searches and related consultancy and monitoring;
- litigation involving all aspects of IP law;
- IP consultancy;
- anti-piracy, anti-counterfeiting, customs monitoring and border measures;
- trade secrets;
- domain names;
- alternative dispute resolution and mediation;
- internet law, electronic forms of payment, online contracts and services; and
- competition, advertising and consumer protection law.
HP&P is consistently ranked among the top IP law firms in Greece by international legal directories and associations. Indicatively, the most recent accolades include:
- Corporate INTL – Global Awards Winner - IP Litigation Law Firm of the Year in Greece, 2016 to 2020
- Corporate INTL – Global Awards Winner - Plant Breeders’ Rights Attorneys of the Year in Greece, 2020
- GLOBAL LAW EXPERTS ANNUAL AWARD WINNER – IP Litigation Law Firm of the Year in Greece, 2020
- GLOBAL LAW EXPERTS ANNUAL AWARD WINNER – IP Law Firm of the Year in Greece, 2020
- IAM Patent 1000 – Recommended Firm (Gold), 2016 to 2020
- IP STARS – EMEA - Greece – Intellectual Property - Highly Recommended, 2016-2020
- Legal 500 EMEA – Top-tier rankings in intellectual property, 2016 to 2020
- The Trademark Lawyer Magazine - Top 10 Trademark Law Firms 2020 – Greece
- The Patent Lawyer Magazine – Top 10 Patent Law Firms 2020 – Greece
- WTR 1000 – Recommended Firm (Gold), 2016 to 2020
HP&P is one of the very few Greek law firms certified by the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO 9001:2015).