Combining the quality and proactive customer focus of a boutique firm with a global reach through our own offices and partnerships, BRANDIT GmbH has a second-to-none reputation across industry sectors – from start-ups to international brands and Forbes 500 companies – as a trusted partner in online and offline brand protection.
BRANDIT is headed by founder and CEO Jesper Knudsen, who is recognised by clients, partners and peers as a true pioneer in domain name strategy and for his relentless customer and value focus. When asked about the basis for the success of BRANDIT, Mr Knudsen explained that “having the best reputation in the industry has been my goal since I founded BRANDIT in 2011 and our growth and number of satisfied clients prove that we have done just that”.
Home to a family of experts with many years of experience with domain names, trademarks and legal counselling – from law firms, global brands, domain name consultancies and registries – BRANDIT provides holistic domain name, trademark and legal consultancy, strategy, protection and enforcement tailored to our clients’ and partners’ specific needs.
We help design and make the right and practically viable strategies and decisions for brands by combining the extensive knowledge of our experts in their respective fields.
The BRANDIT business areas include the following:
- Strategic domain name consulting – helping to make the right and sustainable decisions for brands online.
- Domain portfolio services – we will always go the extra mile to develop a domain portfolio and keep it in good shape.
- Online brand protection and enforcement – our legally qualified experts offer the full suite of enforcement services.
- Monitoring – trademarks, domain names, apps, marketplaces, content, logo, social media and anti-fraud.
- Legal in digital – for a hassle-free launch of a brand’s digital strategies and technology-based projects.
- Strategic trademark consulting – our trademark experts guide or drive the entire process from strategy to enforcement.
BRANDIT’s strategic domain name and trademark consulting services are headed by Mr Knudsen and Michael Munch Østergaard, former partner of one of the largest Scandinavian patent and trademark agencies. BRANDIT offers clearing, acquisition, registration, monitoring and enforcement of domain names and trademarks, and prosecutes one of the largest numbers of cases under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy every year.
With BRANDIT’s ‘legal in digital’ area, headed by Caroline Perriard, former senior legal counsel at Nestlé, we help our clients and partners to assess potential risks, find options to support their company’s digital strategy and avoid legal actions by identifying and assessing legal risks for digital projects, which include:
- losing control over the brand;
- developing tech solutions or marketing campaigns that violate the law; and
- misusing customers’ personal data, resulting in loss of trust.
All of these risks must be assessed early and with a holistic approach, covering IP, privacy, IT and contract law.
At BRANDIT we believe that legal tech solutions are the future of our trade and we have therefore made a strategic investment in Oblima.com, which provides in-house counsel with unique management, budgeting and monitoring tools, thereby making brand protection accessible and affordable for small and medium-sized companies, while offering effectivisation, atomisation and cost-cutting solutions for international and global brands.
BRANDIT has representation on MARQUES and INTA committees and our staff act as expert advisers for EUIPO and are often invited as expert speakers.
BRANDIT will never be a big company as our philosophy is to maintain our status as a boutique firm to attract the best specialists. Our employees are highly qualified professionals from various industries.
BRANDIT– making brands feel at home.
- Jesper Knudsen, Founder
- The Hague