BORDERS IP is one of the leading boutique IP firms in Japan. It was established in 2016 to offer domestic and overseas clients high-quality, specialised, pragmatic advice on trademark-related matters with pride and passion.
Based on over 15 years of extensive knowledge and experience in the trademark protection field, BORDERS IP offers its services in terms of the philosophy below:
- Legal solutions – BORDERS IP fully understands that a deep understanding of its clients’ businesses is crucial for providing legal solutions to the challenges they face. BORDERS IP accurately analyses clients’ business circumstances and offers proper legal advice to facilitate its clients’ decision-making.
- Pragmatic approach – BORDERS IP fully understands that clients want solutions to their problems. BORDERS IP provides various pragmatic, flexible solutions to resolve these problems and move clients’ businesses forward.
- Business perspective – BORDERS IP fully understands that clients do not want merely academic legal opinions. Trademarks are among the strongest tools for protecting and promoting businesses. BORDERS IP provides specific proposals that strengthen clients’ businesses through trademark protection.
Before entering the trademark protection field, BORDERS IP’s attorneys gained experience in various corporate roles, such as sales manager at a prestigious Japanese department store and in the legal and IP department of well-known Japanese and Korean video game companies. These experiences help nourish BORDERS IP’s client-oriented mindset and philosophy.
With their unique combination of corporate experience and extensive knowledge of, and experience in, the trademark protection field, BORDERS IP’s attorneys serve clients with dedication as their ‘trademark concierges’.
BORDERS IP’s main services include the following:
- trademark availability searches in Japan and overseas;
- trademark national filing before the Japan Patent Office;
- Madrid Protocol filings and prosecutions;
- trademark-related appeals, oppositions, non-use cancellations and invalidation trials;
- renewal management of trademark registrations;
- trademark dispute resolution;
- trademark and copyright licensing;
- enforcement (online and borders);
- recordals (assignments, licences, pledges and changes of name/address); and
- copyright registration before the Japan Copyright Office.
BORDERS IP provides a reliable worldwide network of overseas colleague attorneys. BORDERS IP’s trademark attorneys constantly maintain the network’s reliability and value through face-to-face meetings at international conferences.
BORDERS IP was recognised by the WTR 1000 in 2020.
ASSORTI Kodenmacho Liens 2F
14-10 Nihonbashi Kodenmacho
Other recommended individuals at this firm