Basham, Ringe y Correa, SC
Basham, Ringe y Correa is a full-service law firm with a strong presence in Latin America. Basham was established in Mexico in 1912 and thus has over 100 years of experience assisting clients in doing business throughout Mexico and abroad. The firm’s clients include prominent international corporations – many on the Fortune 500 list – medium-sized companies, financial institutions and individuals.
The firm’s large group of lawyers and support staff are committed to maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards. Constantly exposed to the international legal system, many of Basham’s lawyers and other professionals have completed graduate studies at foreign universities and have worked at companies and law firms abroad.
Basham’s preventive and strategic consulting in all types of law allows the firm to offer its clients effective, complete and timely solutions to their concerns. The firm’s in-depth knowledge and insight into international and domestic markets – including economic trends and current affairs – give it a solid base and perspective necessary to provide fully integrated and tailored solutions to every client. It is because of these qualities and values that clients have continued to entrust their legal affairs to Basham for many years.
The firm’s lawyers actively participate in worldwide associations and international transactions, which has promoted the exchange of information and experience. This has improved the firm’s growing capacity to serve its clients by constantly adjusting to the dynamics of the global business environment. Basham is aware that each client requires experienced, professional, objective and trustworthy counselling. The firm’s lawyers are leaders in their respective specialisations and are committed to providing legal services to the highest standard.
The firm actively encourages the participation of all of its lawyers in pro bono work for charitable institutions and non-profit organisations, among others. For this purpose, the firm has created the Basham, Ringe y Correa Foundation.
- Best Latin American Law Firm: Corporate, Silver Awards 2019 by the International Legal Alliance Summit
- Best Latin American IP Firm, Silver Awards 2019 by the International Legal Alliance Summit
- Firm of the Year In Mexico, Who’s Who Legal 2007-2019
- Best Latin American IP Firm, Gold Awards 2018 by the International Legal Alliance Summit
- Best Latin American Law Firm: Corporate, Silver Awards 2018 by the International Legal Alliance Summit
- IP Law Firm of the Year in 2018, Best Lawyers
- Ranked in Tier 1 in Tax Controversy by International Tax Review
- Client Service Award, Chambers Latin America in 2014
- Gold Award for Best Mexican Firm in Mexico in 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016 and 2017 and Silver Award by the International Legal Alliance Summit in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013,2014, 2016 and 2017
- Silver Award for Best IP Mexican Firm in 2016 and 2017 by Leaders League
- Mexico Tax Disputes Firm of the Year by International Tax Review in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Mexico Tax Court Firm of The Year by International Tax Review in 2015
- Pro Bono Award by Fundación Appleseed de México, AC in 2014
- Mexico Patent Firm of The Year Award by Managing Intellectual Property in 2016
The firm’s lawyers have been internationally recognised in various publications, including Chambers Latin America, Chambers Global, Who’s Who Legal, Latin Lawyer, the IFLR 1000, Latin American Corporate Counsel Association and Best Lawyers.
Main practice areas
The firm offers a wide range of services, including practices in anti-corruption, compliance and investigations, antitrust, automotive, banking and finance, capital markets, civil, commercial litigation and arbitration, commercial insolvency, contracts, corporate and corporate governance, criminal litigation and crime prevention counselling, environmental law and sustainability, estate planning and asset protection, foreign investments, foreign trade customs and regulatory, franchising, government bidding and privatisation, government procurement, immigration, information technology, intellectual property, labour employment and social security, luxury law, mergers and acquisitions, privacy and data protection, pro bono, tax consultation and litigation and trust.
The firm’s specialist sectors include aerospace, aviation and airport law, consumer protection, gaming and sweepstakes, health, insurance, life sciences, mining, oil and gas, real estate, renewable energy and electricity, shipping and port law, social security, telecoms, trucking and railroad.
- Managing partners: Juan Jose Lopez de Silanes and Eduardo Kleinberg
- Number of partners worldwide: 29
- Number of associates worldwide: 120
- Number of counsel: 3
- Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, German and Chinese
Basham, Ringe y Correa, SC
Paseo de los Tamarindos 400 A
Ninth Floor Bosques de Las Lomas
Mexico City 05120
Sample client list
- Chanel Sarl
- CrossFit Inc
- Ferrero Group
- GAP Inc