Bacal & Garrison Law Group
Bacal & Garrison Law Group focuses on intellectual property, including litigation, administration, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, licensing, the Internet, domain names, non-competes, rights of publicity and appellate advocacy. The firm’s leaders have been editors and authors in national IP publications, and it brings many years of ‘Big Law’ experience to a smaller setting where client service is always of paramount importance.
Bacal & Garrison has achieved high rankings from its peers both in the United States and internationally for its IP work, which place it alongside much larger firms. Its leaders were inspired by historic small firms such as Lincoln and Herndon’s Law Offices, and as a result it has adopted the motto: “History demonstrates that a great law firm does not have to be large.”™
Bacal & Garrison is ranked in the first tier for IP Litigation, Trademark Law and Copyright, among others, in its metropolitan area in the 2018 edition of The Best Law Firms in America. Its experience and involvement in trademarks are both national and international. Lawyers from the firm oversee large trademark portfolios for their clients with the help of highly experienced paralegals. They have successfully prosecuted many oppositions and cancellations in the United States and they manage and oversee the work of many international counsel abroad.
In The Best Lawyers in America, each partner at the firm is listed under multiple areas of intellectual property, and each partner has been repeatedly named a Lawyer of the Year for an area of intellectual property.
Among its staff, Bacal & Garrison has:
- one of three co-authors of the presentation about US trademark law in the World Trademark Review Yearbook 2016/2017;
- a long-time co-editor of Trademark Administration, an iconic, longstanding and popular publication of the International Trademark Association (INTA);
- a lawyer who was one of the first attorneys in the world to post an internet website. In 1996, an innovative article written by that same lawyer, ‘Bacal’s Internet Legal Research Guide’, was the first full-length article ever posted on the homepage of the American Law Institute, where it remained and was periodically updated for over a decade;
- lawyers who have held committee leadership positions at both INTA and the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA); and
- a lawyer who was previously chair of the e-commerce and technology section of the Arizona State Bar, and who is currently chair of the Trademark Litigation Committee of the AIPLA.
Bacal & Garrison has long been the author of the Arizona chapter of the national publication, US State Trademark and Unfair Competition Law. The firm has extensive experience in negotiating and drafting a wide variety of software and technology-related agreements, as well as in defending copyright infringement claims brought against many different types of business by various rights organisations in fields such as music, software and motion pictures.
Relying on its extensive background and experience, the firm has been able to prove to clients that it can successfully complete any IP mission entrusted to it. The firm has a team of experienced paralegals, as well as an experienced associate. Because of its lower overhead, Bacal & Garrison offers much lower hourly rates for the lead attorneys than when they were each at large law firms.
The firm has earned the loyalty of its many longstanding clients by entering into every client relationship thinking long term. It maintains this by making a renewed commitment every day to work hard and smart on behalf of all its clients, big and small.
Bacal & Garrison Law Group
6991 East Camelback
Scottsdale AZ 85251
- Glenn Bacal, Managing attorney
Sample client list
- 4Life Trademarks
- Global Association of Risk Professionals
- Midway International