Armstrong Teasdale LLP
For more than a century, Armstrong Teasdale has forged long-term relationships with clients large and small around the globe. Since our founding in 1901, we have grown to be one of the 200 largest law firms in the United States, with offices across the country.
Our attorneys work together to guide clients through virtually every challenge, from day-to-day operational decisions to some of the most complex legal matters.
Some of the world’s best-known companies turn to Armstrong Teasdale for the global management and protection of trademarks, trade dress and internet-related assets.
Our IP attorneys and professionals have a broad range of experience, including former in-house counsel for some of the most widely recognised global brands. They are experienced in the preparation and prosecution of trademark and service mark applications domestically and around the world, as well as opposition and cancellation efforts before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the US Patent and Trademark Office.
The trademark team works closely with lawyers in the copyright, patent, international, corporate and litigation practice areas, among others, to ensure clients’ rights are protected and enforced worldwide. This close collaboration offers each client the full benefit of our attorneys’ knowledge in every situation.
The services we provide to our clients include:
- conducting trademark searches and providing risk analysis associated with the adoption and use of new trademarks, service marks, trade dress, logos and slogans;
- filing and prosecuting trademark applications and maintaining registrations around the world;
- negotiating and advising clients on inbound and outbound trademark licences and consent, coexistence and other related agreements;
- advertising, marketing and social media content review and counselling, including the creation and implementation of marketing promotions, sweepstakes and contests;
- product and packaging review and counselling;
- monitoring and enforcing trademark rights around the world, including watch notice services, online marketplace research, oppositions, cancellations, and trademark and trade dress litigation;
- enforcing proper use of trademarks online and in court;
- strategising and coordinating investigations and enforcement actions against counterfeiters in the United States, China and across the globe; and
- conducting IP due diligence and related aspects of complex business transactions, specifically brand acquisitions and divestitures
Armstrong Teasdale also has cases pending for IP clients in nearly every country in the world. For many clients, we manage international portfolios. Our current international docket consists of over 10,000 files.
In addition, our attorneys consistently earn recognitions based on their depth of experience, including in Chambers USA; Super Lawyers and Rising Stars; The Best Lawyers in America; and top-tier rankings for trademark law, patent law, patent litigation and IP litigation in US News & World Report’s “Best Law Firms” list. In addition, partner Courtney Jackson was recently named one of the top 200 USPTO representatives in the country by TrademarkNow.
More broadly, our IP practice group guides its clients in all aspects of the acquisition, licensing, application, protection and enforcement of their IP rights, including patents and trademarks. This includes supporting clients such as inventors, manufacturers, universities, private equity firms and others with a focus on driving technological advances.
From patents to trademarks, copyright to licensing, and technology transfers to opinion work and due diligence, our attorneys have the background and experience to protect clients’ most valuable assets in today’s competitive market. Our professionals have advanced degrees in a variety of technologies, including the chemical, biotech, electrical and mechanical areas, and understand the complex inventions and ideas for which they advocate. They guard those innovations using a number of different strategies best suited for each client’s business application, including copyright; IP litigation; non-compete and trade secrets; patents; post-grant and inter partes review proceedings; and trademarks.
We frequently manage not only a team of lawyers working together in our firm, but also coordinate carefully with inventors and other client representatives. As one of our core values, we believe teamwork is key to achieving optimal results and as such, our attorneys work seamlessly across Armstrong Teasdale’s global network, which includes attorneys with experience in other areas such as technology licensing, international law and M&A. This holistic approach enables our attorneys to provide guidance on the broader implications of our clients’ IP matters.
Armstrong Teasdale LLP
7700 Forsyth Boulevard
St Louis MO 63105
- Jefferson City
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- New York
- Salt Lake City