Stellar speaker line-up revealed for Brand Strategy China 2018
WTR is pleased to unveil the speaking faculty for the third annual Brand Strategy China event, taking place in Shanghai on December 3. Amongst the confirmed speakers on our high-level roster are senior industry leaders from Canon, Mattel, New Balance, Sanofi, Starbucks, Treasury Wine Estates and Western Digital.
Taking place at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Shanghai, Pudong, on December 3 2018, Brand Strategy China is a unique forum which drills down into best practice and draws on the unique perspectives of the visionaries at the forefront of the industry.
The highly focused one-day programme will deliver practical, actionable takeaways for professionals tasked with protecting the integrity and maximising the value of their brands in the region – tackling such topics as building the brand management function, enforcement at the local level, maximising the chances of litigation success in China, online brand protection and reputation management, and tackling bad faith applications.
The speaker line-up, by session, is as follows (additional names may be added in the coming weeks):
Building the brand of brand management
- Alex Theil, vice chairman at QBPC (moderator)
- Jun Ozawa, director, IP and legal, China, at Canon
- Ling Peng, senior counsel, IP section, Asia-Pacific, at Mattel
- Yihong Ying, director, corporate counsel, at Starbucks
Local enforcement masterclass
- Jian Chen, partner at Beijing Sanyou IP (moderator)
- Victor Shao, head of product security, China at Sanofi
- Miller Wang, brand protection director and legal counsel, at MCM
- Steven Wang, senior IP counsel, Philips
Trademark litigation: new routes to success
- Kefeng Zhao, partner at Anjie Law Firm (moderator)
- Xi Chen, senior trademark counsel at Siemens
- Peter Yang, IP attorney, APAC, at Eaton
- Michael Yu, head of brand protection, North Asia, at Schneider Electric
Your online offensive and defensive playbook
- Conan Chen, director of brand protection, L Brands
- Karen Wang, director and senior legal counsel, trademark and brand protection, at Western Digital
- Louisa Xu, IP manager, North Asia, at Treasury Wine Estates
Brand protection opportunity and risk in a changing brand landscape
- Trevor Little, editor, WTR (moderator)
- Angela Shi, senior manager, IP, at New Balance
- Lianfeng Wang, professor, IP, at East China University of Political Science and Law
- Sam Zhou, general manager, Greater China, at Procter & Gamble
- Molly Zhuang, senior associate, at Clyde & Co Westlink JLV
Click here now to reserve your one of the last remaining places at this innovative industry event – use the code BSC100 when booking online and you can reserve your place for just $695, a saving of $100 on the standard delegate rate (this code – which can be applied on payment page – can be used, subject to availability, until Wednesday 21 November).