OHIM launches e-filing system
For the applicants, the advantages are as follows:
- a standard form;
- a simplified process for applications involving multiple priorities;
- real-time filing confirmation; and
- the speedy reception of a Community trademark number.
On the negative side, applicants will find that:
- designs must be filed as a separate attachment;
- there is no procedure for making corrections; and
- the standard form is not yet available in Greek.
The OHIM benefits the most from the new online filing system; its role is simply to accept completed forms. For the system to benefit trademark applicants, important changes will need to be made. For example, there must be a mechanism for applicants to change name, make assignments or appoint a representative.
Hans Georg Zeiner, Zeiner & Zeiner, Vienna
Copyright © Law Business ResearchCompany Number: 03281866 VAT: GB 160 7529 10