National IP Strategy for 2011-2015 adopted
Legal updates: case law analysis and intelligence
The Serbian government has adopted its National Intellectual Property Strategy for the 2011-2015 period.
The strategy defines the objectives to be reached during this period, the most important of which are as follows:
- to determine the degree of compliance of the local legislation with the IP Rights Enforcement Directive (2004/48/EC);
- to determine the degree of compliance of the Serbian Law on Geographical Indications with Council Regulation 510/2006 on the protection of geographical indications and designations of origin for agricultural products and foodstuffs, and perform the necessary amendments;
- to take the appropriate organisational and technical measures for the digitisation of all Intellectual Property Office (IPO) documentation on IP rights that have been applied for or granted;
- to take the appropriate organisational and technical measures to introduce an electronic application system at the IPO for industrial property rights;
- to improve the protection of geographical indications for wines;
- to create a permanent coordinating body to ensure cooperation between the police, the customs authorities and the tax administration;
- to develop a programme of mutual cooperation between the police, Customs, the state broadcasting agencies, the courts, the prosecutors and the IPO; and
- to provide funding for the protection of geographical indications and traditional specialties.
Jelena Jankovic, PETOŠEVIC, Belgrade
Copyright © Law Business ResearchCompany Number: 03281866 VAT: GB 160 7529 10