First speakers revealed for upcoming WTR Connect event series
WTR is pleased to announce the first speakers for the second WTR Connect series of digital events, taking place in March 2021. Among those participating are brand experts from Dyson, Mattel, Microsoft, Novartis and Red Bull. Registration is once again free to WTR subscribers.
In October WTR Connect presented six days of strategic content for trademark and brand professionals. More than 500 participants from almost 70 countries came together to participate in open discussion forums, masterclass explorations, solutions rooms and closed-door boardrooms. Based on the success of this virtual event series, WTR Connect returns to Zoom on 15 March 2021 for a week of purpose-built trademark and brand protection discussions with the world’s leading experts.
The event will offer more than 32 interactive digital sessions, each designed to facilitate discussion, benchmarking and the sharing of best practice around key topic areas and challenges facing trademark and brand leaders.
The theme for the event is ‘exchanging cost-effective and resource-efficient best practices’. Each day will start with a keynote address from a major industry figure, followed by live breakout discussions lasting for a maximum of 60 minutes. These will take place in a variety of formats including masterclasses, open discussions forums, solution rooms and closed-door, invite-only boardrooms.
Registration is free for WTR subscribers and participants can register for as many sessions as they like across the week, building their own schedule. In the coming weeks we will make further speaker announcements, but the current list of participants is outlined below:
- Adraea Brown, assistant general counsel, trademarks at Harley-Davidson
- Christa Cole, head, brand development, enforcement, licensing at Nestlé
- Marina Depietri, vice president, intellectual property at Red Bull
- Charlie Everitt, head, trademarks at RB
- Fred Felman chief marketing officer at Appdetex
- Steve Francis, director of the National IPR coordination centre at US Homeland Security
- Cam Gatta, head, trademarks at Microsoft
- Allison Leader, director, legal counsel at American Red Cross
- David Llewellyn, head, trademarks at Arm
- Chloe Long, director, global brand protection at Capri Holdings
- David Lossignol, global head, pharma legal brand protection at Novartis
- Gloria Montaron, director, legal and intellectual property at Bioceres
- Michael Moore, assistant general counsel and senior director, trademarks and copyrights at Mattel
- Scott Piering, vice president, chief IP counsel at Spectrum Brands
- Laurence Rickles, chief trademark counsel at Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Natasza Shilling, senior legal counsel at Vodafone
- Frank Schöne-de la Nuez, lead counsel, trademarks at CSL Behring
- George Sevier, category head, IP enforcement at Dyson
- Måns Sjöstrand, global head, IP and brand protection at Daniel Wellington
- Gretchen Stroud, senior associate general counsel, intellectual property at Gilead Sciences
- Marc H Trachtenberg, shareholder at Greenberg Traurig
- Niall Trainor, senior director, brand protection at Entertainment One
- Mike Yaghami, director, associate general counsel and head, brands, marketing legal at Facebook
For event timings and topics, and to sign up to attend, please click here.