First speakers revealed for Managing Trademark Assets: Adobe, Microsoft and Toyota among stellar line-up
World Trademark Review is pleased to announce the first speakers for the third annual Managing Trademark Assets event, taking place in Chicago on October 17 2017. Amongst the first names revealed are trademark experts from Adobe, American International Group, Hard Rock International, Microsoft, Rotary International and Toyota Motor North America.
The event will drill down into the cost-effective management and communication of international portfolios, the focus coming against a backdrop of continued budgetary cuts for many corporate trademark counsel. As well as practical strategies for effectively managing portfolios despite these budgetary constraints, delegates will also receive updates on political developments and how to mitigate their impact on portfolios and strategies, and learn how best to communicate and present the trademark message to other stakeholders and garner increased support.
The first speakers confirmed to the stellar speaking faculty are:
- Theresa Conduah, managing counsel at Toyota Motor North America
- Shama Elliott, IP manager at American International Group
- J. Scott Evans, assistant general counsel at Adobe
- Elena Grimme, assistant general counsel, trademarks, Microsoft
- Jomarie B Fredericks, assistant general counsel, chief IP counsel at Rotary International
- Linda Heban, vice president, chief trademark counsel at Harley-Davidson Motor Company
- Renee M. Reuter, IP counsel at Enterprise Holdings
- Rebecca L. Roby, assistant general counsel at Hard Rock International
- Relani Belous, senior vice president, general counsel at Penthouse Global Media
- Paul L. Rodriguez, vice president, chief patent counsel, at RR Donnelley & Sons Company
- Beth Seals, general counsel and corporate secretary at Zippo Manufacturing Company
This panel of experts, which will be expanded in the coming weeks, will participate in deep-dive sessions covering:
- The cost-effective and efficient management of trademarks, encompassing prosecution and enforcement efforts.
- How to achieve, and utilise, protection for well-known marks in jurisdictions worldwide
- Strategies and practical tips for fighting counterfeits on a finite budget.
- How to ensure that the trademark message is effectively communicated to the wider business, shoring up support for the legal team’s efforts.
- Managing portfolio risks and challenges emanating from the political environment.
- New gTLDs and the rights protection considerations that emanate from the expanded online environment.
- How to ethically and effectively managing brand reputation on social media.
Delegate places are strictly limited and attendance costs $795. However, readers of this blog can receive a discounted rate of $595 if they book before August 4 and use the code WTRBLOG. The registration form is available here.