E-filing for trademark applications launched
With effect from January 20 2009, trademark applications can be filed electronically in China.
According to the Trial Measures for Electronic Filing of Trademarks which took effect on that date, e-filing is not currently available for the following types of application:
- applications with priority claims;
- applications for collective trademarks;
- applications for certification trademarks;
- applications for trademarks consisting of personal portraits;
- applications for goods or services not covered by the Similar Goods/Services Classification Table published by the Chinese Trademark Office;
- applications filed by foreign individuals or entities not yet represented by any local trademark agent; and
- any trademark application where e-filing is not appropriate.
Copyright © Law Business ResearchCompany Number: 03281866 VAT: GB 160 7529 10