Partner - Kelly IP LLP
Lynn Jordan is a talented strategist who has devoted herself to representing clients in all aspects of trademark law. She is particularly adept at helping clients understand the business and legal risks associated with the adoption, use and registration of trademarks and is recognised for her expertise in handling trademark matters for major entertainment, news and media companies, particularly regarding the interplay between trademark law and the First Amendment.
Ms Jordan has handled countless clearance, prosecution and enforcement matters involving trademarks used as titles of or elements in motion pictures, television programmes, books and video games, as well as collateral merchandise associated with these properties.
She has been recognised as a top trademark practitioner by the WTR 1000 and Managing Intellectual Property and received a Burton Award for excellence in legal writing. Ms Jordan has been named:
- one of Managing Intellectual Property’s Top 250 Women
in Intellectual Property (2014);
- a top Washington DC lawyer for non-contentious work by the WTR 1000 (2014-2016) and Legal Media Group's Expert Guides: Guide to the World's Leading Trademark Lawyers (2014);
- an IP Star by Managing Intellectual Property Magazine (2014-2016); and
- a recommended trademark lawyer by the Legal 500
Before joining Kelly IP, Ms Jordan was counsel at Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP in Washington DC.
Kelly IP LLP
1919 M Street NW
Washington DC 20036
Procedures and strategies for pharmaceutical brands: United States
Pharmaceutical Trademarks 2017/2018: A Global Guide
Drug makers face unique challenges when selecting and clearing trademarks for new drugs. Care must be taken to select a name that can be registered at the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and will meet the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) stringent approval process. USPTO ...
Register for more free content
- Read more World Trademark Review blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email