Amica Law LLC is the largest standalone boutique IP and technology practice in Singapore, with a depth of experience in the field of intellectual property.
The firm is a full-service IP firm, offering a comprehensive range of IP services, from registration and prosecution to enforcement, protection and commercialisation.
IP protection and management
• Trademark, patent and design searching, clearance, registration and protection.
• Portfolio management and review.
• Branding and technology protection strategies.
• Audits and due diligence.
• Risk management and regulatory compliance.
The practice encompasses trademarks, patents and design clearance, protection and management, as well as hearings at the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore.
We manage and coordinate our clients’ trademarks, patent and design portfolios in Singapore and worldwide, providing guidance and strategies on clearance, use, protection and exploitation of these rights, as well as product commercialisation from the IP perspective. We undertake IP audits and due diligence exercises, managing and coordinating IP portfolios on a regional and worldwide basis, as well as handling contentious registry and court proceedings.
The firm also has a team of patent professionals handling patent drafting and prosecution work.
Litigation and enforcement
• Protection of copyright, trade secrets and confidential information.
• Contentious patents, registered designs and trademarks proceedings.
• Anti-counterfeiting programmes.
• Domain name disputes.
• Data protection and privacy.
• Restraint of trade.
• Software and technology disputes.
Our litigation practice handles all aspects of IP and technology disputes, including patents, trademarks and trade dress, unfair competition, copyright, trade secrets and registered designs. We also handle domain name, technology and software disputes. Our team has substantial experience in litigating contentious IP disputes to trial, including seeking or resisting interim injunctive relief such as search and asset preservation orders. We also devise and undertake antipiracy programmes, as well as planning, coordinating and managing regional antipiracy actions. Our dedicated experience enables a fast and efficient turnaround time for execution of enforcement actions, as well as the ability to tailor and implement a programme that is appropriate for the client’s budget and objectives.
IP and technology commercialisation licensing
• IP and technology commercialisation and licensing, such as technology transfer, licensing and franchise agreements, and IP assignments and licences.
• Information technology, internet, ecommerce, data protection and privacy, telecommunications law and regulations, including IT outsourcing transactions, software licences and maintenance arrangements.
• Life sciences, including legal and regulatory compliance, biotechnology, licensing, technology transfer and R&D agreements, and IP protection and management.
• Media and entertainment, including legal and regulatory compliance, copyright issues and media contracts for each stage, including creative, production, publication, distribution and exploitation. We also advise on merchandising, ticketing, sponsorship and advertising issues and transactions.
• General commercial transactions, including contract manufacturing, supply, distribution and agency arrangements, property and hotel management agreements and other general transactions.
By virtue of being a boutique practice, Amica Law LLC is home to specialist lawyers, all of whom possess numerous years of experience within their respective disciplines, thus ensuring that clients have access to top-quality advice and assistance.
Noteworthy clients of Amica Law LLC include multinationals such as Amazon, Allergan, Burger King, Cisco Technology, Dell Computers, ExxonMobil, Fairmont Raffles, Kraft, IKEA, Philip Morris, Starbucks, Sony Ericsson Mobile and Warner Bros.
Amica Law LLP has been recognised as a leading IP firm by independent publications such as Legal 500, which observed that it has a “driven and focused team with high levels of expertise”; while Managing IP opined: “sterling quality of work... Amica Law continues to excel.”
Amica Law LLC has also been commended or cited in Corporate INTL, Asian Legal Business, Guide to World’s Leading Patent and Trademark Law Practitioners, PLC Which Lawyer 2012, Who’s Who Legal 2012, ACQ Finance Magazine Awards and Chambers Asia.