With 15 years of expertise and over 61 years of combined professional knowledge, Eproint is an international IP firm composed of specialised attorneys with an impressive reputation for quality and approachability.
Based in San Jose, Costa Rica and with offices in several other jurisdictions, our team offers local and international IP advice to clients from around the world, with a particular emphasis on the Caribbean, Central America and South America.
Our approach is fresh and direct. We are a small, boutique-style IP firm with large clients. We are young, proactive and ambitious professionals, and this gives us an invaluable perspective that allows us to approach and prevent our clients from facing legal disputes.
At Eproint, each client is unique and each response is as unique to each situation that arises, requiring our best efforts because we understand that businesses often face diverse issues. This is where we work with you to turn negative experiences into positive ones.
We have been privileged to represent many well-known companies – companies that are in turn shaping this firm, our lives and our futures through their creativity and vision.
Despite our success, we do not get carried away; we know that we are only as good as our last job, and that this requires constant improvement in practice and processes. Eproint remains focused on providing an expert, personal, efficient and cost-effective service to all businesses that want to grow and succeed in their sector. In the beginning, our mission was to defend small, ‘bonsai’-type businesses against mighty Giant Sequoias. We have come a long way since then and pride ourselves in having helped and represented hundreds of businesses nationally and internationally. We are behind our clients 100% and we assure you that if you are a company with ambition, we can help you to fulfil it.
We offer our clientele a comprehensive range of IP services, including trademarks, patents, designs, copyright, health registrations, legal advice in connection with complex contractual matters and management of volume IP recordals in the region.
The size and extent of our resources mean that we can offer expertise covering an incredibly diverse range of technologies and industry sectors. This differentiates us. We not only have the technical expertise, but also fully understand the commercial issues and needs of our diverse client base:
- We recruit professionals with outstanding academic qualifications and relevant industrial experience. Our attorneys relate expertly with inventors and businesspeople alike. We recruit sharp and agile professionals.
- We work in teams to ensure you get the right mix of technical and legal know-how, always supervised by our partners. We build win-win relationships.
- Our attorneys deliver clear and practical advice. We endeavour to communicate the law in the best way possible.
- We have an eye for detail and handle complex issues every day. Our experts are resourceful, cost conscious and commercially minded. We focus on detail.
- Our adaptable reporting and billing processes can be tailored to match your individual requirements. We are flexible.
- We detect, investigate and prevent others from using your intellectual property unlawfully. We offer you remedies in Costa Rica and globally.
- Our team advises you in a way that allows you to put in place and build an effective brand strategy in Costa Rica and internationally, adding value to your brand.
- We advise you on how best to secure your IP rights, on how to acquire rights from infringing third parties and on IP strategies.
We will be delighted to explore the better use of your IP rights, thus increasing your business potential, business value and competitive edge.
Edificio Alvasa Barrio Tournon
frente al Periodico La Republica
PO Box 713 100
San Jose 10802
Gabriela Bodden, Partner
Aarón Montero, Partner
Aarón Montero, IP attorney
Recommended individuals at this firm
Register for more free content
- Read more World Trademark Review blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email