Founded in 1994, Lung Tin Intellectual Property Agent Ltd was one of the first Chinese IP firms to be approved by the government to represent international clients in China. Headquartered in Beijing, Lung Tin has more than 260 staff members, 160 of whom are attorneys. It has branch offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Shenzhen, and representative offices in Japan and the United States. Since its establishment, Lung Tin has grown into a prominent full-service IP firm, with a worldwide network of strategic alliances that allows it to provide clients with global IP services.
- Outstanding Trademark Agent in China (China Trademark Association), 2012-2015;
- STELLA trademark administrative litigation named a top trademark case in China, 2014-2015;
- HALE BOB trademark opposition named a top trademark case in China, 2014-2015; and
- Outstanding IP Firm in Zhongguancun Technology Park, Beijing.
Efficient and detail-oriented system
Focusing on high-quality legal services, Lung Tin has established a detail-oriented system that is aimed at promoting efficiency while handling every client communication and matter with the utmost care. With this system, Lung Tin is not only proficient in providing traditional services – including searching, prosecution, litigation, counselling and mediation in the areas of patents, trademarks, copyright, trade secrets, customs, domain names and unfair competition – but is also capable of assisting clients in strategising, managing, analysing and monitoring their IP portfolios in a way that is based on their business objectives and needs, thereby maximising the value of their IP portfolios.
Recent Lung Tin successful litigation cases
- 2015 Top 10 IP Case by Chinese Court accredited by the Supreme People’s Court of China: Shanghai Pafuluo Stationery Co, Ltd, v Picasso International Enterprise Holding Co & Shanghai Art Imagine Stationery Co, Ltd (trademark licensing contract dispute).
- Our client’s trademark KYOCERA was recognised as a well-known trademark (2016) by the Beijing High People’s Court.
- Lung Tin’s attorneys helped US client Macy’s West Stores, Inc to win the domain name ‘macys.cn’ (2016), Beijing IP Court (unfair competition).
Lung Tin has a multinational team of highly educated professionals who are knowledgeable in all areas of technology, familiar with the laws of various jurisdictions and fluent in many languages. The team includes highly experienced patent agents and formal examiners, many of whom have doctoral degrees from the United States, Europe or Japan. With this team, Lung Tin can narrow the language gap to ensure accurate and seamless communication with its worldwide clients and associates.
Delivering value to clients with accuracy, consistency, speed and reliability is of primary importance, because Lung Tin’s success depends on its clients’ success. Thus, Lung Tin always offers each client the same warmth and attention that it offered to its first client, and handles each matter with the same care and consideration that it gave to its first case.
Reliability, proficiency, teamwork, innovation and solutions have always been and will remain Lung Tin’s core values for success.
We specialise in intellectual property and provide the full range of IP services:
- patents – prosecution, portfolio management and strategic counselling, licensing and assignment, invalidation and post-granting procedure;
- trademark/copyright/domain names – prosecution and registration, enforcement counselling and licensing and assignment;
- trade secret and unfair competition – counselling litigation; and
- litigation – administration actions, civil actions, alternative dispute resolution and regulations.
Lung Tin’s practice team consists of highly educated professionals who have a wealth of legal and technical knowledge and experience. Among our staff are numerous former SIPO patent examiners, a former SIPO deputy commissioner and the current vice chair of the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI) China.
We specialise in intellectual property and focus exclusively on IP matters with knowledge and experience; are technically skilful and can interpret complex facts and laws with scientific expertise; are committed to offering clients service of the highest standard; and we are efficient at tailoring our services with the understanding of client objectives, costs and the market environment.
Memberships and activities
- All China Patent Agent Association (managing board member)
- China Intellectual Property Society (managing board member)
- China Trademark Association (managing board member)
- China Industrial Federation (managing board member)
- Journal of China Invention and Patent (deputy manager)
- FICPI, China Chapter (vice president)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Licensing Executives Society
- International Trademark Association
The firm has offered Lung Tin IP awards and fellowships to students of the law school at Renmin University of China since 1998.
Lung Tin Intellectual Property Agent Ltd
5 Huizhong Road
Di (Deland) Wu, Partner
Di Wu, Partner
Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenyang,Shenzhen, Xi’an
Sample client list
- China Southern Airline
- Direction & Associates
Recommended individuals at this firm
Di (Deland) Wu
Register for more free content
- Read more World Trademark Review blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email