Meyerlustenberger Lachenal is one of the largest and most reputable international law firms in Switzerland. Its 85 experienced and dynamic lawyers form a strong team of specialists. The firm has offices in Zurich, Brussels, Geneva, Zug and Lausanne. The name Meyerlustenberger Lachenal stands for innovative and solution-focused services. The firm’s strength also lies in its size: it is in a position to offer clients the full range of services associated with a large law firm, while providing a high degree of individualised service and creative thinking, along with a reasonable cost structure. Meyerlustenberger Lachenal advises discerning clients on all issues related to national and international commercial law and represents their interests before all Swiss courts and authorities, as well as in arbitration proceedings.
Specialist IP practice
Meyerlustenberger Lachenal brings talent, expertise and solution-based teamwork to all IP issues. The members of the IP team rank among the leaders in IP law and have vast experience, primarily in Swiss but also in EU and German law. The firm’s IP specialists have extensive and wide-ranging experience in enforcing trademarks, copyrights, designs and patents. The team also offers prosecution services for trademarks, designs and domain names, together with strategic advice and consultation on contracts, including antitrust matters. Meyerlustenberger Lachenal is a one-stop shop for all IP-related matters.
Trademarks, designs and unfair competition
Meyerlustenberger Lachenal performs the full range of trademark, design and domain name-related services in Switzerland and abroad, including registering, enforcing, opposing and defending these rights. Meyerlustenberger Lachenal has broad experience in the management of large portfolios and in counterfeiting cases. The firm can also assist in:
- the development and implementation of trademark and design protection strategies;
- litigation before all Swiss courts and authorities and coordination of international disputes;
- IP-related arbitration (including domain name dispute arbitration);
- the comprehensive management of
entire IP portfolios;
- unfair competition, design, trade dress
and counterfeiting disputes;
- the support of creative and design-focused companies, in particular advertising agencies, manufacturers of design products and photographers; and
- the provision of sophisticated advice in the growing field of geographical indications.
Patents and the health industry
Meyerlustenberger Lachenal’s patent litigation team has outstanding expertise and experience in managing complex patent matters nationally as well as in multiple jurisdictions, litigating before all Swiss courts and coordinating cross-border patent litigation. Advising and representing pharmaceutical companies in regulatory issues is also a primary team focus.
Copyright, technology, media and telecommunications
Meyerlustenberger Lachenal has been providing support and advice to technology, media and telecommunications companies for many years. The firm’s services comprise the following:
- consulting for software developers and IT service providers, as well as the users of such products and services (eg, outsourcing and IT security);
- consulting for media companies active in the classic media sector (print, radio and television), as well as in the new online-based media sector;
- supporting telecommunications companies in solving problems and exploiting the opportunities offered
by the convergence of fixed-line networks, mobile radio communications and the Internet;
- reviewing technology-focused
- assisting in the financing, marketing and sale of technology-based solutions, technology-centric media and telecommunications companies; and
- assisting in the exchange of technology, in particular through licences and research and development agreements.
The working languages of Meyerlustenberger Lachenal include German, English, French and Spanish; some of the firm’s professionals are also fluent in Italian and Portuguese.
PO Box 1432
Michael Ritscher, Partner
Guillaume Fournier, Partner
Peter Schramm, Partner
Brussels, Geneva, Zug, Lausanne
Recommended individuals at this firm
Other recommended individuals at this firm
Register for more free content
- Read more World Trademark Review blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email