One of the oldest established companies in Turkey, Ankara Patent Bureau is a one-stop shop for services in every field of intellectual property. With the experience and knowledge of three generations, Ankara Patent provides a road map for the protection of IP assets, from the creation of an idea to the end of the lifecycle of the product or service, including all aspects of commercialisation.
Ankara Patent has a strong influence on the development of intellectual property in Turkey. Hayri Dericioğlu founded Ankara Patent in 1964 after working as an IP directorate and an industry inspector at the Ministry of Industry. He wrote one of the first articles and books in the field and contributed to the development of IP literature and terminology.
Kaan Dericioğlu, chair of the board of directors, plays an active role in the development of IP decree law. He and the other board members teach in universities and share their experience and expertise in the IP field.
Ankara Patent maintains a leading position with its unique system of analysis, evaluation and recommendation. Its professionals include European patent attorneys, members of the Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office, experienced lawyers and engineers specialising in the IP field, as well as experts in business.
Ankara Patent has a highly selective client portfolio, including large international and national conglomerate groups and their subsidiaries, and universities. With the experience and knowledge of three generations, Ankara Patent built its own system of analysis, evaluation and recommendation. With a team of 100 engineers, lawyers and business consultants, the firm plays an active role in improving IP awareness with academic and non-governmental organisation studies globally.
Ankara Patent provides the full range of IP services and acts as a one-stop shop for its global network of colleagues and solution providers. Areas of expertise include:
- IP strategy portfolio management;
- IP-related agreements;
- customised IP intelligence reports;
- patent mapping;
- strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats analysis;
- technological trend analysis; and
- international status report visualisation.
- IP applications before the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office (TPTO);
- IP validations, annuity payments and renewals;
- IP oppositions, counter statements and replies against decisions;
- copyright registration before the Turkish Ministry of Culture;
- domain name registration; and
- Trademark Clearinghouse application filing.
Ankara Patent is also experienced in patent research and watch, patentability, freedom to operate, technical comparison reports, techno watch, trademark search and watch, similar and identical search, brand watch, design search and watch, novelty and distinctiveness.
Ankara Patent’s client portfolio includes:
- large international and national conglomerate groups and their subsidiaries;
- three companies in the top five of the Patent League, including the winner of the TPTO Awards 2015;
- all of the companies ranked highest in patent, trademark and design applications by the TPTO Awards 2014;
- 17 of the top 100 exporters reported by the Turkish Exporter’s Assembly (TIM) in 2015 (four in the top seven, seven in the top 20);
- 18 of the top 100 exporters reported by the TIM in 2014 (four in the top seven, five in the top 10);
- 24 companies ranked in the Istanbul Chamber of Industry ISO 100 List 2014;
- 25 of top 100 ranked in the Capital 500 2015; and
- five of the top 10 (including the winner) and 11 of the top 20 companies ranked by Brand Finance Turkey 2015.
Ankara Patent’s clients cover a diversity of technical fields, including biology and biotechnology, chemistry, electricity and electronics, materials science, mechanical engineering, pharmaceuticals, physical sciences and semiconductors.
Ankara Patent Bureau Ltd
Bestekar Sokak 10
Ekin Dericioğlu Kurt, Board member
Korcan Dericioğlu, Board member
Burcu Kayabay, Corporate communications and marketing assistant
Sample client list
- Aoyama & Partners
- Arçelik AS
- Inventio AG
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Vossius & Partner
Recommended individuals at this firm
Register for more free content
- Read more World Trademark Review blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email