Herrero & Asociados is a Madrid-based law firm with several decades of tradition and a continuous orientation towards client satisfaction.
The firm’s consolidated experience in the European and Latin American IP field provides the basis for its quest for innovation and improvement, with over 140 IP professionals (lawyers, engineers, 13 IP agents and 10 European patent attorneys) who always pursue clients’ best interests.
Herrero & Asociados is a globally active law firm, an IP agency, an accredited domain name registrar and a digital law consultancy, which also covers privacy and data protection.
Herrero & Asociados was named Firm of the Year 2006, 2010 and 2015 by Managing Intellectual Property. French publishing house Leaders League awarded Herrero & Asociados Best Pan-European IP Firm in 2014. Herrero & Asociados is also ranked in the 2015 editions of Chambers Global and Chambers Europe.
A leading IP firm in Spain, Herrero & Asociados is among the foremost filers of European patent and Patent Cooperation Treaty applications in Spain, and among the most active filers of Spanish trademark and patent applications. The firm’s top position is primarily due to its eagerness to excel, but is also based on the fact that many large companies fully rely on Herrero & Asociados; clients include industry giants and many medium-sized businesses in Spain and abroad.
The firm’s headquarters are located in Madrid. There are branches in Argentina, Mexico, Brazil and Lisbon.
- Number of partners: 11
- Number of lawyers: 35
- Number of IP agents: 13 (three in Lisbon and Rio de Janeiro)
- Number of European patent attorneys: 10
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
What makes Herrero & Asociados special
- Herrero & Asociados protects and enforces IP rights around the world. Of all the trademarks that the firm manages, around 30,000 are registered abroad.
- Herrero & Asociados has a large team of in-house technology experts covering every branch of science and technology. Its patent department is made up of more than 40 people: professionals in engineering, natural sciences and patent prosecution.
- Herrero & Asociados has 35 qualified lawyers.
- Clients, particularly from outside Spain, appreciate Herrero & Asociados’s Latin American patent service and Latin American trademark service. It files and prosecutes in all Latin American countries with the quality and standards of a European firm. This makes portfolio management easier for clients because trademark and patent services throughout Latin America are centralised in a single firm. With this one-stop shop approach, clients enjoy the benefit of a simplified and synergic service.
- Herrero & Asociados represents almost half of all companies listed on the Spanish benchmark index IBEX-35.
- Herrero & Asociados files and prosecutes approximately 10% of all patents that are registered in Spain. It is ranked second in Spain based on the annual number of European patent validations.
- The firm has received four international awards and regularly figures among the top IP firms in international rankings.
- Herrero & Asociados is a reputed brand and a member of the select Leading Brands of Spain Forum. Only one other IP firm belongs to that organisation.
Herrero & Asociados
C/ Alcala 26
María Ángeles Moreno, Head of international department
Mariano Santos, Head of international communication department
A Coruña, Alicante, Barcelona, Bilbao, Buenos Aires, Lisbon, Mexico City, Murcia, Oviedo, Rio de Janeiro, Seville, Valencia, Vigo
Sample client list
- AirEuropa Airlines
- Barcelona FC
- Bodegas Benjamin de Rotschild (Vega Sicilia)
- Ford Motor Company
- LinkedIn Corp
- Paris Hilton
- Repsol YPF
- Samsung Electronics
- Steve Madden
Recommended individuals at this firm
Other recommended individuals at this firm
Register for more free content
- Read more World Trademark Review blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email