Partner - Kelly IP LLP
Stephanie Bald specialises in trademark, false advertising and unfair competition litigation, disputes and strategic counselling. She represents clients in federal courts across the country and before the US Patent and Trademark Office’s Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. She also manages domestic and global trademark portfolios; advises clients on trademark enforcement strategies; and renders opinions on trademark infringement and dilution, false advertising and the selection, use, registration and licensing of trademarks.
Ms Bald is the current chair of the American Intellectual Property Law Association’s Trademark Law Committee. She also serves as an adjunct professor at the American University, Washington College of Law, in Washington DC, where she teaches an advanced course on trademark practice and procedure.
Ms Bald has been recognised as:
- one of Managing IP’s top 250 women in intellectual property (2014, 2016);
- a top trademark practitioner in the WTR 1000 (2016);
- a top trademark practitioner in the Legal Media Group's Expert Guides: Guide to the World's Leading Trade Mark Lawyers (2014, 2016);
- an IP Star by Managing Intellectual Property Magazine (2014, 2015, 2016);
- a recommended trademark lawyer by The Legal 500 (2014, 2015, 2016); and
- one of the Rising Stars for intellectual property in the Washington DC area (2014, 2015, 2016).
Ms Bald previously practised trademark and copyright law as an associate and partner at Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner LLP in Washington DC.
Register for more free content
- Read more World Trademark Review blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email