Senior Partner - Amica Law LLC
Jo-Ann See is a founding director of Amica Law LLC and has been in practice for more than 25 years, focusing on intellectual property in general and protection and management in particular. Before entering private practice, Ms See was a deputy registrar of trademarks and patents in Singapore. She is also a registered patent agent in Singapore.
Ms See is a member of various international IP organisations. She is chairperson of the IP Committee of the Law Society of Singapore, having been on the board of directors of the International Trademark Association (INTA) between 2002 and 2004 and chair of the Sub-committee on Limits of Trademark Use within INTA’s Emerging Issues Committee from 2010 to 2011. Ms See sits on the executive committee of the Asian Patent Attorneys Association, Singapore Group, and is a council member of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations’ IP association.
Ms See has been identified as a leading IP lawyer in:
• World Trademark Review 1000 – The World's Leading Trademark Professionals in 2012;
• The Asia Pacific Legal 500 since 2001;
• AsiaLaw Leading Lawyers from 2004 to 2008;
• AsiaLaw Profiles in 2010;
• the Guide to the World’s Leading Trademark Law Practitioners from 2004 to 2008;
• Chambers Asia Leading Lawyers for Business in 2008;
• the PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook in 2008 and 2009;
• Who’s Who Legal Patents and Who’s Who Legal Singapore in 2008;
• Who’s Who Legal Trademarks from 2004 to 2012;
• Expert Guides’ Trademark Law Practitioners in 2008 and 2012;
• Expert Guides’ Patent Law Practitioners in 2010;
• Expert Guides’ The Best of the Best in 2009 and 2011 in the trademarks category;
• the Guide to the World’s Leading Trademark Law Practitioners; and
• the Guide to Asia-Pacific’s Leading Law Firms (14th edition, 2010).