Senior Associate and IP Practice Group Coordinator - JJ Roca & Asociados
Ana Paula Campusano is coordinator of the IP practice group at JJ Roca & Asociados, a general practice firm based in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. With extensive experience in the IP field, she focuses her practice on the enforcement and prosecution of all IP matters in the Dominican Republic and Caribbean.
Ms Campusano’s areas of practice include trademarks, patents, industrial designs, copyright, health permits, anti-counterfeiting and IP litigation, as well as licensing, franchising and all other IP-related agreements.
Ms Campusano is an active member of the Enforcement Committee of the International Trademark Association for the 2016-2017 term, and a member of the Inventions Committee of the Dominican Association of Intellectual Property for the 2016-2018 term.
Cases in which she has been actively involved include:
- the management of the IP portfolio in the Dominican Republic and Caribbean of the leading US provider of best-selling hard drives, media players and network drives;
- the handling of the trademark portfolio of one of Puerto Rico’s largest snacks producers;
- the representation of a renowned watch and jewellery manufacturer in an opposition action filed against a confusingly similar trademark owned by a multinational technology company; and
- the representation of a large food production company before the Court of Appeal after a resolution issued by the Trademark Office declared one of their trademarks annulled.
Ms Campusano has authored articles including ‘‘Trademarks as a Trust: a Tool for the Development of Innovation’’, Gaceta Judicial (April 2017).
Register for more free content
- Read more World Trademark Review blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email