Partner - BARDEHLE PAGENBERG Partnerschaft mbB
The practice of Claus M Eckhartt, attorney at law and partner of BARDEHLE PAGENBERG Partnerschaft mbB, covers prosecution and enforcement of IP rights in the fields of trademark, design, copyright and unfair competition law. He also provides related advice – including on anti-counterfeiting, licensing, merchandising and franchising issues – and transactional support.
As head of the firm’s trademark department, Mr Eckhartt is responsible for the management and prosecution of worldwide trademark and design portfolios. His international clients are leaders in their respective industries and come from the pharmaceutical, consumer healthcare, household goods, IT, hotel services, banking and food and beverage sectors.
Recent major litigation in which he was involved included a high-profile trademark infringement case concerning bottle shapes. He was also lead counsel in a series of comparative advertising cases of restaurant chains involving litigation between the major competitors in this field.
Mr Eckhartt is an active member of MARQUES, the Pharmaceutical Trademarks Group and the International Trademark Association’s Trademark Reporter Committee. He is also on the advisory panel of Intellectual Property Magazine.
Recommendations for Mr Eckhartt include:
- The WTR 1000: The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals 2016 – “Exceptional on prosecution matters, department head Claus Eckhartt also knows what it takes to get signatures on the bottom line on licensing, merchandising and transactional briefs”;
- Managing Intellectual Property (2014) – “[He] is very pragmatic and easy to work with on trade mark litigation”; and
- The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East and Africa (2014) – “The ‘brilliant’ Claus Eckhartt [is] ‘among the top trade mark specialists in Germany’”.
BARDEHLE PAGENBERG Partnerschaft mbB
Pharmaceutical Trademarks 2013/2014: A Global Guide
On the regulatory side, the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices is the authority competent to grant a national marketing authorisation for pharmaceuticals marketed in Germany, based on the Medicinal Products Act. Within the framework of the authorisation proceedings, the ...
Register for more free content
- Read more World Trademark Review blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email